A few nice colored jars

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Thanks so much! I've just recently been able to add a dead clear highly whittled pint Globe also. That's a really tough jar to find. I've been trying to get one for over 6 years now. They always seem to have a tint of aqua or a slight window pane tint, so i've been holding out for a true clear and was finally able to get one. =)

~Tim

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Anyone happen to have an emerald green Safety Valve jar lid for sale? If it's on a jar i'll buy it as well. [:)]

All the best,
~Tim

dygger60

Reaction score
Nice color run ya have there......I was just commenting to another site user that the Glode jars are widely varied in color.....

David

patent1858

Reaction score
I thought oh cool some pics of colored jars. I was not prepared for what you have. A picture like that should come with a WARNING label! My eyeballs popped out, jaw hit the floor and my hole body started to spasm now I have to mop the drool up before the kid drowns! WOW what a collection!

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Thanks Chris! [:)]

Yeah I worked for quite awhile building some nice color runs. I actually will be in the process of selling my jar collection off tho. I've decided to focus more on my bottles. You can really build a super color collection in the fruit jar world. A broad spectrum of colors, and the different sizes. It was a hard decision for me because I started out in collecting jars, and really have always loved them, but I really need to narrow my focus a little. If interested, watch some future North American Glass auctions from Greg Spurgeon. He will be selling it for me in the near future.

All the best,
~Tim

patent1858

Reaction score
I just checked that out, what a great website. I have collected bottles since I was a kid, now I want fruit jars. LOL

dygger60

Reaction score
There ya go....as you mentioned, the true clear....or dead clear (a term lots of folks joke about) are tough jars to obtain...

I collect Ball Brothers IMPROVED series of jars....and I will atest to what you just said above....it is a truely undervalued variation....back in the circa your jars and early Ball jars came from it was actually more expensive to make clear glass....

But for those that made product jars....food and drug merchants demanded clear glass...they felt that any color..even colors we deem to be eye catching...gave their product an unfavorable or unwholesome appearance....

And as with Ball..they wasted nothing....after filling customers orders...they would use up any left over batch making jars.....

I will get some of my clear Balll Improved series of jars and post them on here......

And I wish you luck with NAG......good decision on using Gregs site......

David

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles