A Marsh Dig to Remember!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

madman

Reaction score
jackpot! always enjoy your posts pix and videos!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
you cant see the photos in the original post?

ORIGINAL: cannibalfromhannibal

OK, I know I'm computer challenged, so how does one access these pics or sites? I tried highlighting and search to no avail.....for old dummies like me this is a frequent case of frustration. Unless posted as a pic in the "normal" format, I am clueless as to how to access. Up to now, I have been able to contain myself, but I would really like to see these finds.....Help! Jack

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Great digs. Any oddball medicines in the bunch?

I'm not a soda guy. I have a question about the round bottom ones.
I thought torpedoes were the tapered body ones? I've just heard the straight sided ones called round bottom or ballast bottles.
A bit confusing since real torpedoes have straight sides. I think the term might originate from the early British Hamiltons that were said to look like bombs.

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
No, Matt.....it comes across as:
with no blue highlight to simply click on....so I tried to highlight myself and a web search but got nowhere. So clearly I am lost and missing out......Jack
ORIGINAL: GuntherHess

OK, I know I'm computer challenged, so how does one access these pics or sites? I tried highlighting and search to no avail.....for old dummies like me this is a frequent case of frustration. Unless posted as a pic in the "normal" format, I am clueless as to how to access. Up to now, I have been able to contain myself, but I would really like to see these finds.....Help! Jack

GuntherHess

Reaction score

No, Matt.....it comes across as:
with no blue highlight to simply click on....so I tried to highlight myself and a web search but got nowhere. So clearly I am lost and missing out......Jack
ORIGINAL: GuntherHess

The photos are hosted on a third party photo site (allows you to add more than one photo per post),
You browser might be set to block popups or links to third party sites.
Can you point to photo and right click the mouse button. Sometimes you will get an option to download photos or show photos.
What browser are you using?

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
hanks Matt, butt no luck....currently I am using windows 8 internet explorer. Will keep fiddling around with it but I find no blocking etc, so I don't know what else to do......

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
Oh Yay! I finally stumbled on to a cure, more ways than one. Had to highlight, right click and translate web page with bing, then click on the correct highlighted link....sheesh! But I must say it was worth it! Great haul! I'd be set for the rest of the year with that grouping! Never yet found an embossed round bottom soda and those look VERY cool! The Kilmers look like the frustrating unembossed ones? I see the unembossed Heart Remedys on occasion and would feel so cheated if I found one like that...... Also you found as many Safe Cures in one swell foop as I have in all my years, and all mine are the Kidney ones. Nice Rheumatic cure, fer sure! Congrats on a fun sounding find! Jack

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Matt,
I don't know the precise terminology, but "round bottom" or "ballast" is correct; I just like the term torpedo because they look exactly like a torpedo. Torpedos are technically supposed to have a slightly oval shape with a more pointy bottom, and I think ten pins are torpedo shaped, but can stand up. Perhaps someone else can enlighten us?

There were no unusual medicines, maybe a Glycozone by C.H. Marchand in NYC was new to me. Found shards of nice aqua meds, including a large (8") Davis Vegetable Pain Killer. Argh!

Cannibal, two of the Kilmers were embossed, one perfect and one cracked.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen