A Million change your collection??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bixby Bill

Reaction score
I certainly wouldn`t have to worry about not having the time to go digging, and if I found a good old big town dump, I would buy it and have digging parties there every weekend with my bottle friends! And if they weren`t finding any good bottles, I`d buy some good ones, dirty them up, and seed the place with them, kinda like an Easter egg hunt.

Oldtimer

Reaction score
A million ain't what it used to be. But since we're dreaming, if I had 1 million after tax dollars to spend..

I'd pay off my house-hold debts (About $25K) and then invest 75% of the rest in real estate.
I'd build luxury homes on estate sized parcels of land, and a few hunting camps on hunting apropriate lands..
I'd sell the luxury homes, and rent the camps out.
I'd retain long term timber rights on all parcels I sold.
I'd also find a parcel that would allow commercial water bottling. The future will see water become the most precious natural resource on the planet.

As far as bottles go, I think I'd collect NH glass exclusively, Stoddard, Keene, and various other embossed "NH" meds/pharms. Prolly have a small outbuilding put up special for the collection.

ktbi

Reaction score
It didn't change me!!! Oh wait - that was a dream......A million before or a million after taxes is a huge difference, but I'd take care of the essentials first, look out for the future and my family, and spend a little of the remaining on the fun stuff....I doubt if I'd go for the $30,000+ type bottles, but I wouldn't let the $100 ones go like I do now.....Ron

appliedlips

Reaction score
Having a large family I do not think a million would change alot in terms of collecting but give me several million and I would be dangerous. The prices on beaded edge midwestern and Pittsburgh district historicals would soar at a comparable rate to that of the national deficit.[;)]

rockbot

Reaction score
I made a million dollars over the past 20 years. My house is 61 years old and the newest car is a 1995 Ford F150. I don't know were all the money went.[:eek:]

Rocky

Penn Digger

Reaction score
I would invest it in a diverse and conservative manner for regular income and dig my azz off while traveling. Make a yearly budget, conserve and hit bottle shows with the extra. Most bottle diggers I know live on the cheap side, it could be feasible.

Rocky? Really? 61 years old, you poor guy! LOL My house is 130 years old and I know other forum members live in older houses. You poor guy, living in paradise in a 61 year old house. Want to trade places?

PD

rockbot

Reaction score
Hi PD, I know 61 years doesn't sound to old but out here in the tropics you're lucky if a house last 30 years. It is required buy law to have your home fumigated when you buy or sell. If you don't fumigate every eight years or so the termites will eat your house to the ground.
Back in the 80's they built a track of houses for the Hawaiian people and the guys never sprayed the ground before they built. By the time the houses were complete they had to be condemned.
I tell you this Hawaii is a paradise, a paradise for insects!

Rocky

KBbottles

Reaction score
I'd pay off the bills and invest in a historic flask collection. Especially now with the "market" for them fairly less than usual. Almost a guarantee that they'd go up in value by the time I am older and they are just so awesome to look at.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4