A new one

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBoy

Reaction score
Was out driving today,found a likley spot for a dump,lots of nice shards and a couple of old test holes.
Problem is its on a busy road,still its worth investigating further.But not today.
It was kind of a weird day saw a couple of good spots,but kept going,felt it was a waste of time.My buddy(Snakeboy) and I had being talking about a few of the small towns in our area,saying we should be finding dumps.
Anyway I'm going down a road I've taken a few times,on both sides is Crown Land &
walking trails,I come to one spot with just an open field,not a good spot for a dump.
But I park the car and walk across the field,through some tree's and it ends at a great big thick cedar hedge.
Any other fool would have turned around and gone back,but not this one!!.
After a bit I find a smsll game trail through the hedge,crawl in,on the other side is another field(figures).Beyond the field looks like a big beaver meadow,at this point I wonder what the heck I'm doing,but I figured I have my camera,may as well get some pics.
I'm standing on the bank looking at the meadow,so I sit down.Its pretty rough,what I'm sitting on are these 2 blur screw tops,1 cobalt & 1 cornflower,I scanned the area
and it looks like the whole long bank is dump,its all under a few inches of topsoil.
I didn't have much time but I dug a bit and I think its the old town dump,still remains to be seen what age?
But I did find some old toleware.

Always nice to have pics before you dig!.

Bz78667.jpg

Attachments

• Bz78667.jpg
    Bz78667.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 59

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member