A quick look inside the china hutch. Warning: big photos!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Poison_Us

Reaction score
One of these days, I will photo the individual inks and meds in here, but since I don't feel like setting up another make shift booth to do so at this moment (and we got rid of the box we were using as such), a few group shots with some 'splanin' [;)]

First up....

This is the inks we have. Most are common, but it was a jumping off point for us. Most were bought as a group. In the back are the common meds we also got very early in our collecting. From left to right we have:
B.O & G.G Wilson Botanic Druggists Boston USA
Dr. J. Sweets Celebrated Sprain Liniment New Bedford Mass
Davis Vegetable Pain Killer
Dr. S. Pitgher's Gastoria
Dr. Seth Arnald's Cough Killer
Dr. Wistars Balsam of wild cherry sample
unknown shorty with a 2 in a circle on the shoulder.
glassinhutch001.jpg

This is one of the first Christmas presents I gave my wife. It's a Oyster and Pearl plate by Anchor Hocking. She always wanted one and found one on line from an antique store in Texas. Other items: Early candy dish in green, some pariteefs (sorry, have not a clue how to spell it), 2 settings of different tea sets ( rest are in boxes), and a red vase she found in an old house she has kept for many years.

glassinhutch002.jpg

In the back is her Thistle plate. She used to collect red glass of all kinds and most of it is packed away as we have no place to display it. In front of that is her grandma's art glass rooster, some salt holders on the left, individual ash trays in front of those, 2 relish trays, on the right are 2 different vases (1 red, 1 green), red glass tray and another art glass in cat form. (in artificial light, it's mostly light blue, but turns purple in natural light)

glassinhutch003.jpg

Isn't this the biggest brandy snifter you have ever seen? On the left is some wine and chanpagne glasses we us on occasion, on the right is a red glass dish in a maple leaf form, in front is all the bottles we have left for sale, a procilin doll head, some trivets line the back of the bottom shelf and some small cat figures about representing Jake (our flame point Siamese)

glassinhutch004.jpg

This is the overflow shelf of our collection. Includes poisons mostly, but you can see our set of 5 Kilmers on the left and some misc. med bottles about with the poisons. All are on our site.

glassinhutch005.jpg

Well, that's a quick run thru of the china hutch. She has a nice size collection of red glass and other things, but are all in boxes until we find a better place to display them. Hope you enjoyed the show.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem