A quick question

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

EvanAlmighty

Reaction score
I am new to bottle collecting, looking to start an ACL collection. What is a good publication for how rare bottles and how much they are worth? Thanks for the help!!

fishnuts

Reaction score
The book referred to is "Collecting Applied Color Label Soda Bottles", third edition...out of print. It is clearly, imho, the best printed source for what you seek. The photos are tiny but in color and give you a pretty good idea of the length and breadth of the items, from mundane to spectacularly designed. Included are bits of info on the bottles, i.e. size, date, bottler, locations...when known. Also scarcity is addressed, per bottle, although not entirely accurate any longer...nor is the pricing accurate as the last values update was for the third edition from over ten years ago.

To get viable, up to date values, check the following. Hit your local/regional bottle and antique shows, malls, flea markets, etc. And peruse online auctions, especially ebay, as there are always tons available. Do some research...jump in with both feet!

Maybe, try and decide what you'd really like to display...no use in spending time, money and effort accumulating bottles you'll soon grow out of as your taste grows and changes. And you'll get pickier in choices for avalable display/storage space...you won't likely display that five dollar bottle one you have a shelf of twenty five dollar bottles.

10-4?

splante

Reaction score
like fish nuts said the book is out of print and hard to get its 10 years old and it list 1200 acl bottles with values and or rarity.
here is a website you can toy around with it uses a A B C rating on the bottles A = Common bottle worth up to $8.00 to C worth over $15.00....again prices can be all over the place I use both Items to try to come up with rarity and not so much $$...you can research on Ebay as fishnuts also stated, like search ACL bottle or old soda bottles when the page comes up click on advanced then scroll down and check completed listing now your search will show recent bottles that sold or not and prices received....good luck...can be a very addictive hobby another note we have been trying to get in touch with sodapopbob for about a month no replies and i think his last post was about 3 weeks ago.hoping everything is ok with him

http://www.gono.com/museum2003/paintedlbottles/paintedbottlehomepage.htm

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem