A.R. Andrews hole

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

surfaceone

Reaction score
Bravo Leon & Bill,

This is the best of A-BNishness!

cm-33120-050b569f993033.gif

A.W. Andrews

Reaction score
A big thank you to everyone for welcoming me. We were researching information about these bottles and this thread came up on the google search engine as #1. We didnt't find out about the company until my grandfather, A.W. Andrews Sr. started talking about it right before he passed away in 07. My Dad never mentioned it until a couple months ago when I was doing our lineage.
I know that Albert Robert started the company in early 1900's, in Detroit. They came from Canada. He turned the business over to his son, Marwood John Andrews. When they started bottling beer in addition to the water & sodas, Marwood became overwhelmed, started drinking, & run the business into the ground. He then returned to Canada for some time.
My father left Detroit as a young teen, as his father, Albert William Sr. was a missionary & lived in Colombia extensively over the years. In 2000 they reunited & we moved to Florida to get to know him. We just moved to Arkansas last month, so no,we are no longer in Detroit. My dad is 74 now and travel is not an option for him. But if my brothers or myself ever get a chance, we will definitely make the trip.

hemihampton

Reaction score
If you want to pay shipping I'll mail you some of these bottles. LEON.

A.W. Andrews

Reaction score
Leon, my Dad said let us know what the shipping would be. He would love to have the bottles. In return, I will send you a digital copy of the first delivery photo, if you would like.

MINNESOTA DIGGER

Reaction score
you are in a bottling works dump . keep digging most bottlers got other companies bottles , and tossed them out with thier own rejects . more the n likely you will find a spot with several other bottlers from all parts of the country , years back i dug in a huge dump inn st paul mn , it contained many other bottles as well as the main bottlers broken ones . by all means dig to the bottom . because some times bottlers changed there style of top and disposed of there old stock . try to dig it out the best you can !! good luck !!!

A.W. Andrews

Reaction score
You all have been so great!! If I ever come across anything you are collecting, I will be sure to return the goodness my family has received. In the meantime, I am afraid all I can offer ya'll is sincere heartfelt thanks. And to offer anyone that has any A.R. Andrews bottles a picture or two for your collection. If anyone is in need of the pictures, simply email me: misenheimert@gmail.com
In the meantime, I wish everyone the best of the holidays

hemihampton

Reaction score
I got 2 quart bottles & 2 12 oz. bottles. They got some damage to top lips unfortunately. I'll get these boxed upped & weighed & let you know shipping price, may take me a couple of days. THANKS, LEON.

A.W. Andrews

Reaction score
Leon,
My Dad was so surprised when the package came and he opened the bottles!! He couldn't believe his eyes. It didnt't even matter that there was some age damage. He said him and his Dad would have wanted it even if they were small pieces.
My Dad was so sad too. One yr ago today my brother Dennis Earl Andrews passed away. Dad was up almost all night thinking about him. Once he opened the bottles, his whole day changed. Your kindness brought joy & excitement to him when he needed it most. I can never Thank you enough. Dad has asked me several times if I could contact you for him. I think he is wanting to hear the story from you. If you ever wanna talk to him, I will email you his number.
Have a blessed day

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology