A sudden burst of conscience

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rockbot

Reaction score
Yep good friends are hard to come by and anytime you lose one.. well you know.

LC

Reaction score
Thankfully , the guy had insurance , I have seen people come up short in my area due to uninsured drivers causing property damage .

I had a drunk sixteen year old driving his Mommy's car come flying through my yard about three in the morning and hit my 15 by 23 foot block building at the right front corner of the building , and pretty well knocked half of the entire building down . Worst part was I had stacked plastic milk crates full of acls in that particular corner and ended up losing about 100 bottles total . How do you put a price on something like that . Thank goodness , the woman had full coverage , and ended up being with the same insurance company as I was , so I had no problem being taken care of . I do not figure I recouped all my losses , but got the building replaced , and that was more important that the other things that were lost due to the young mans irresponsibility . I figure the kid was saved by his airbag , do not think he would have come out of the collision without it , he was even able to run , They knew where he went and went and got him . When they led him through the yard , he looked right at me and did not say he was sorry or nothing . His parents were there as well and all they were upset about was their car , and they never said a thing to me either . The kid did not learn a thing from it I don't think .

I hope you fare well recouping your losses .

bostaurus

Reaction score
My two best friends in high school were killed about 4 weeks after we graduated by a drunk driver. Almost killed the other two in the car. The drunk was barely hurt..funny how that works. He had been sited and ticketed numerous times. this time his wife testified against him. I was supposed to go with them that day to visit the college but had to work. There but for the grace of God....
Good job with the detective work!

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Thanks guys, although the drunk driving stories are aweful. I'll post an update down the road with what happens.

glass man

Reaction score
I'VE HAD TWO DUIS IN MY LIFE [YEARS AGO] IT WAS REALLY STUPID AND I KNEW IT...TO TAKE TOO TO GET THE MESSAGE REALLY SHOWS MY I.Q. SORRY TO SAY I DID NOT QUIT DRINKING...BUT QUIT DRIVING...IN THE 80S I GOT A PUBLIC DRUNK...AT LEAST THE WORST I COULD HAVE HURT ANY ONE CEPT MYSELF IS TO HAVE WALKED INTO A PERSON....I THANK THE LORD I NEVER HURT ANY ONE....A SHAMED..JAMIE

Wangan

Reaction score
Dont hold on to your shame Jamie.Its like grief,it has its time and place.The main thing is you learned and changed.

Every life gets forged one way or another.It is the mettle we fail to exert that shows the error of our blade.[&:]

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
TO TAKE TOO TO GET THE MESSAGE REALLY SHOWS MY I.Q.
Hey Jamie,
I'm glad you did the gut check and made some hard changes. It seems like you read the news and some people just keep driving and driving and driving drunk until something terrrible happens. Then everyone says, "Why didn't we take this more seriously when he had one, two, three, four, five . . . . convictions?" To have changed shows some really good things about you Jamie. You are un-shamed.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey