A word of advice to ebay sellers...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
Once again I'm dealing with the frustration of a local bottle I've bought on ebay being refunded becuase said owner "cannot find it."

First of all what lame excuse, if you sell something on ebay and have it listed you should be able to pull it out at whim in front of you. Why list something if there is even a slight chance you may not have it?

I couldn't believe my eyes the first time this happened and now a second time??!! Both times with bottles I've purchased that are local and closely attached to me.

So, if any of you sell on ebay please make sure that you know for certain you have an item before listing it and please double or even triple check. I cannot describe the frustration I am feeling right now.

In my view the full refund I received for the payment of the bottle in either case is not enough to match the desire I had for the bottle in which it was being purchased for in the first place.

Have any of you been afflicted by this?

hemihampton

Reaction score
I suspect they have it, they just thought it sold to low or got higher offer. I had a ebay seller try to offer me a Bottle they just sold on ebay for 5 times what they sold it for. I said no, not cool & he said everybody does it, no big deal. low ethics & morals many people have. LEON.

SKS.TUSC

Reaction score
Once again I'm dealing with the frustration of a local bottle I've bought on ebay being refunded becuase said owner "cannot find it."

First of all what lame excuse, if you sell something on ebay and have it listed you should be able to pull it out at whim in front of you. Why list something if there is even a slight chance you may not have it?

I couldn't believe my eyes the first time this happened and now a second time??!! Both times with bottles I've purchased that are local and closely attached to me.

So, if any of you sell on ebay please make sure that you know for certain you have an item before listing it and please double or even triple check. I cannot describe the frustration I am feeling right now.

In my view the full refund I received for the payment of the bottle in either case is not enough to match the desire I had for the bottle in which it was being purchased for in the first place.

A lot of times Iv noticed this happening is because the seller has items on multiple sites like Facebook Market, Etsy & ebay. It's happened to me buying on Etsy, unfortunately. The seller forgot he had sold it on another site & forgot to take it down off Etsy. Not fun especially if the seller has multiple listings on multiple sites.

SKS.TUSC

Reaction score
I suspect they have it, they just thought it sold to low or got higher offer. I had a ebay seller try to offer me a Bottle they just sold on ebay for 5 times what they sold it for. I said no, not cool & he said everybody does it, no big deal. low ethics & morals many people have. LEON.
That too.

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
About a month ago I won an eBay auction for a lot of about seven beer bottles of the style I collect, waited until the time/date shown in the listing that I should have received them, the day after that I sent a message asking what was up, the seller claimed he didn't even know that I had bid on them and his wife threw them out, even worse, he refused to refund me what I paid for the bottles plus the shipping, I had to open a case to get refunded. That's the first time I've had someone tell me that they didn't know that a bid had been placed and the auction was won, knowing full well that eBay sends you an e-mail telling you this.

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
A lot of times Iv noticed this happening is because the seller has items on multiple sites like Facebook Market, Etsy & ebay. It's happened to me buying on Etsy, unfortunately. The seller forgot he had sold it on another site & forgot to take it down off Etsy. Not fun especially if the seller has multiple listings on multiple sites.
This is what I think happens when these sellers on Feebay use this excuse. I have also seen this on Farcebook where a member will list something for sale and then "FORGET" that they listed it in several groups. It is sad, but to be a "GREAT" seller takes organization and I don't believe that is the case for a majority of Feebay sellers. In my experience most folks just don't care and/or are plain lazy/careless.

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,

I think that sellers really shouldn't list the same item on multiple sources for this exact reason.

RCO

Reaction score

I've never had this happen

have listed things for sale online and if the listing is really old it can sometimes be tough to find it . I have a huge pile of books in my room so to try and find a specific book could be harder than you'd think

but if I list something for sale I usually try and put it in a separate area so I known where it is

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
I think that sellers really shouldn't list the same item on multiple sources for this exact reason.
It sure does create a lot of ill will and anger. People like this usually don't last in the business, but unfortunatley there are plenty out there to replace the ones who disappear.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler