A word of advice to ebay sellers...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Merle

Reaction score
I had the wool pulled over on me with a epoxy or slacker of some sort on a bottle. Couldn’t tell from pics and it looked perfect. I got it and thought there was a pc of clear tape stuck to the bottle and got to picking and the next thing you know I have mg pocket knife out. Needless to say I felt stupid and didn’t say anything and ended up with this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 159

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
I had the wool pulled over on me with a epoxy or slacker of some sort on a bottle. Couldn’t tell from pics and it looked perfect. I got it and thought there was a pc of clear tape stuck to the bottle and got to picking and the next thing you know I have mg pocket knife out. Needless to say I felt stupid and didn’t say anything and ended up with this
Etching does detract, but it is still a great looking bottle. I don't pass up bottles just because they are not perfect. The majority of my collection could use some polishing.

Merle

Reaction score
Would buy it again in a heartbeat. But not offline. I only buy from the guys I’ve dealt with or at the shows after that lesson learned. I paid premium. Still love the bottle though. It was a hard one to find. And most of my collection could us polishing too. Just don’t want to take my bottles off the shelf once they get put up there and don’t have a tumbler

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score

It keeps happening to me with bottles I got 20 yrs back from a bottle show. I’m cleaning all my bottles and had this beautiful green swirly soda in the sink. I picked it up from the water and I guess they used elmers glue or something water soluble because the lip came off the thing, reveling the truth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SKS.TUSC

Reaction score
It sure does create a lot of ill will and anger. People like this usually don't last in the business, but unfortunatley there are plenty out there to replace the ones who disappear.
So now I'm mad, angry & confused. I won a bid last night on ebay, I was only "1 of 2 Bids", the first & only other bid was *1 cent", I come along & place the 2nd & only other bid @$25.50 being my max bid. There were no other bids made & I won it, only problem is they are charging me my max $25.50 bid... & Not my lower incremental bid of $4.00. I'm about done with ebay!!!

SKS.TUSC

Reaction score
Would buy it again in a heartbeat. But not offline. I only buy from the guys I’ve dealt with or at the shows after that lesson learned. I paid premium. Still love the bottle though. It was a hard one to find. And most of my collection could us polishing too. Just don’t want to take my bottles off the shelf once they get put up there and don’t have a tumbler
Iv been looking to build a bottle tumbler, it's not easy & nearly impossible to buy one online. Is tumbling bottles the way to go? Does it take off any embossed surface? Does bleach work better? Is it worth building one?

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
My biggest problem is Ebay searches. 0 items found. Are you kidding me. I couldn't even find my own listing i had even doing a search word for word. Odd how searches don't show the time left on the bidding, it used to.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Iv been looking to build a bottle tumbler, it's not easy & nearly impossible to buy one online. Is tumbling bottles the way to go? Does it take off any embossed surface? Does bleach work better? Is it worth building one?
Jar doctor.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
So now I'm mad, angry & confused. I won a bid last night on ebay, I was only "1 of 2 Bids", the first & only other bid was *1 cent", I come along & place the 2nd & only other bid @$25.50 being my max bid. There were no other bids made & I won it, only problem is they are charging me my max $25.50 bid... & Not my lower incremental bid of $4.00. I'm about done with ebay!!!
Did you have it set to auto bid?
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis