?? About bottle spiders and webbing on it?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sunflower1702

Reaction score
I'm new to this site. It seems really interesting. My husband found this bottle in the woods at least 16 years ago. I kept it because it is different. Was w ondering if anyone can tell me anything about it. front says NON_REFILLABLE Has wheat or some plant on it spider webs and a big spider The bottom says T.M. REG U.S. PAT0

sunflower1702

Reaction score
Forgot the pics Sorry

Rp42582.jpg

Attachments

• Rp42582.jpg
    Rp42582.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 115

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
Judging by the pictures, what you have is a whiskey bottle or flask. Brand was most likely "Old Cobweb", hence the spider web design.
The base embossing is for Trade Mark Registered U. S Patent Office. There is a funny symbol, sort of a diamond with a "O" on the side of the base, this is for Owens Illinois Glasss, maker of the bottle.
The Non Refillable dates the bottle to after Prohibiton, unsure of the exact date. You may find some numbers/letters embossed on the base which seem to make no sence, these maybe mold/plant/date codes which would give an idea when the mold was cut. You would most likely find these in the area around the odd diamond/circle mark on the base.
This bottle is seen from time to time on eBay.
Hope this is of some help.

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Mark, Is that what this is. hadthis thing for years and never had any idea what brand it was.

Zx70360.jpg

Attachments

• Zx70360.jpg
    Zx70360.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 103

barbieheid

Reaction score
Gee, I think I can actually help with a question instead of bombarding everyone with them!

I was lucky enough to get one with all it's labels on it.

The label that would have been on the front [spider side] reads, "Antique [the word antique in quote marks], then Spiritus Frumenti, 100 proof, an alcoholic stimulant made from the fermented mash of grain." Below that, at the bottom, "aged in wood."

The rear side says, "Whiskey Antique, spring 1913, [pint size] 100 proof. The Frankfort Distillery. Incorporated, distrib. number 35, Dist. of Kentucky by John B. Thompson." Below that is a caution letter paper label printed so small it's hard to read, and mine has the name and proof on each shoulder.

The former writer is right, they do turn up on ebay often - I have gotton pints without labels, but my 1/4 has all of them. Hope this helps.

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Barbie, Your not gonna show me a picture? I been holding this bottle for years, just witing for you to come along and show me a picture.[;)]

It really would help.[8|]

barbieheid

Reaction score
Hey Barbie, Your not gonna show me a picture? I been holding this bottle for years, just witing for you to come along and show me a picture.[;)]

It really would help.[8|]
[/quote]

OK, hold on ...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler