Alot of pics of my finds...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
yeah you are absolutely right.....I dont know why it does that to some metals......anyways thats why, again, Just put it in for about 5 seconds while you are watching it to see how it does....you could always try dampening a paper towel with clr and then wiping it...thats how they tell you to use it but who needs directions!? [:D] (watch me blow up one day!)

lexdigger

Reaction score
I wondered if CLR would work? I'll give it a try and see how it does!!! I've used The Works toilet bowl cleaner on some bottles that were really stained with product or rust. Seems to work well enough if you let it soak a couple of days. I'll give that a try on those metal things and see if it works... I think I've got some CLR under the sink??? Thanks for the tips... Chris

GuntherHess

Reaction score
you can clean marbles in a bottle tumbler but the problem is you dont want the marbles hitting each other so you need to either do one at a time or divide the tumbler cannister some how. I'd try and contact some marble collectors and see what they do. They probably know all the tricks. Some of those marbles go for $300-400 so dont want to risk bashing them up.

Pettydigger

Reaction score
Hey lexdigger, nice finds man. On those Bennington marbles the little eyes on them was caused from them rolling into each other and sticking when they were in the glazing process not pontil marks. Man you have alot of doll parts for not diggin for very long, I love to find those old doll parts 90% time broken for me. Once again nice job Lexdigger. Pettydigger

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
woah dont put it in for days you will ruin it.....with clr the directions say not to leave in for more than 2 minutes, but I leave it in until it stops fizzing completely and then you MUST go rinse it and the bowl out with the hose....

Ed

Reaction score
Nice finds. For someone just starting you are doing a good job. Don't throw nothing away. it all cleans up. after you move it 100 times maybe then,,,,I would think about throwing some stuff away. I knew that ,,and still threw a watch away that I found metal detecting. it was all crushed and smashed. it had been run over by a bull dozer and I threw it. I been looking for that damn thing for six years ,,for the gold. it was smashed but it was shinny. I guess a hunter may of picked it up. But i still rope the area off every once in awhile and look for it. I want to look at it one more time. lol Ed

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583