Alternatives to eBay?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

NyDigger1

Reaction score
etsy.com (a mirror ebay site with buy it now only) actually has a decent amount of bottles up. I think ive bought 8 or 9 over the past 2 years. other then that, ebay, and digging, i try to buy collections / antique shops / flea markets

RED Matthews

Reaction score
NYDigger1 I got the bottles and appreciate them to my collection. The threads were mold formed, which expected. I am desperately trying to get threaded bottles that have hand tooled threads - internal and exterior. It is hard to conceive the mastery of creating a neat continuous lead with the hand tools that they used. I am just a mechanical engineer that looks at these early glass making skills that the hand made glass show us. RED Matthews

David Fertig

Reaction score
For me, in this order, at this point in my life. 1) Local collectors/dealers - 100+/year2) Local auctions - 20-100+/year3) Balto. Bottle Show - 5-30/year4) FeeBay - 10-20/year5) In buildings we salvage - 5-30/year6) Digging - 5-20/year7) Antique shops(not counting #1 above) - 1-10/year The best places for me to add to my collection are #1, #2, and #4. Balto. usually gives up one or two bottles for my main collection. I'd love to dig more, but I am at that point in life where the mortgage is due, salvage jobs keep coming in, farm work needs done, kids need a ride to sports, youth group, friends, etc., and there is always something that needs fixed.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen