American Digger Show

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I think the people that run these digging show are looking for diggers who are (only) into it for the money.
If you talk about history,the love of the hobby,the thrill of the dig,etc and do not mention $$$$$ through out the whole interview,then you are passed on. These shows are about everything I am against.

A few people have talked to me over the phone about these
"Wannabe digging shows" They asked me questions about my digging and I told them what I tell everyone,"I dig for the love of the hobby & history" not money. I never heard from them again. That's fine with me. I wouldn't lower my self to that trash.
I'll make my own damm show,anyone want to work with me?? [8D]

baltbottles

Reaction score
I was contacted by a few different producers trying to make a digging show and basically I was told in not so many words that they don't want to make a show about a group of guys that are educated and well spoken that search for artifacts because of their love of history and don't care about the money aspect of the hobby. People like that don't make for a show the general public can relate to. The general public can however relate to digging for treasure and that things buried in the ground can be worth money. Also a group of bumbling loud idiots make for good comic value. Level headed intelligent calm caring people would be very boring to film.

Chris

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Yeah, this show was amusing at first, but someone needs to duct-tape that guy's mouth shut. And the prices are ridiculous. The producers obviously pay off the buyers.

A good alternative is the show Trashopolis. They actually had a portion in the New York episode where an actual archeologist showed some bottles that were found at the site. I looked up the company's website and they had some very cool discoveries (such as digging an old ink factory and finding more than 100 pontiled umbrella inks).

surfaceone

Reaction score
I was told in not so many words that they don't want to make a show about a group of guys that are educated and well spoken that search for artifacts because of their love of history and don't care about the money aspect of the hobby. People like that don't make for a show the general public can relate to. The general public can however relate to digging for treasure and that things buried in the ground can be worth money. Also a group of bumbling loud idiots make for good comic value. Level headed intelligent calm caring people would be very boring to film.

Chris

So very well said, sir.

I'm hoping that our good old "general public" has the good sense to reserve some Big Time Wrestling skepticism on the buffoonish antics of RicSavage, now that he's morphed into Big Fat Head Relic Recoverist.

Hope also that the point is moot because of Mr. Savage's Distinct Dislikability Quotient that instantly put my finger on the clicker; soon surfing away. I can imagine the small but twisted Spike demographic clicking away quickly for lack of action. Rates about Zero on the babes & gore meter, as well as the buddy-buddy scale.

I can't imagine him getting much of a Fan Club, especially in these parts. Hope my faith in the viewing public is not misplaced.

fat-head.jpg

Hey Taylor.

Thanks for the tip on Trashoplis. Here's a London Preview, alas, I don't receive the Smithsonian Channel.

206690266_100.jpg

Promo by Joe.

carobran

Reaction score
I watched that show again last night,The most laughable part was when they found the jar of money,Really??I saw the blob soda someone mentioned last night too,Can't wait to hear the price on it.And the Kentucky long barrel,As soon as the guy handed it to mister Big Head he automatically says"A Kentucky long rifle barrel!".Somebody hands you a rusted metal rod its gonna take you a minute to figure out what it is.And it was what,3 inches under the ground?Ever been metal detecting?Coins that have been buried for 20 years are deeper than that half the time!This show is so staged it aint even funny.I mean,every "discovered" shark tooth was in perfect shape,And how many of you are going to pick up a mud covered object and sat"Its a whale vertebrae!A grand in my hand!".And if he'd said one more BOOM BABY! I couldn't have held down my supper.If you look up "obnoxious" it should have his fat headed picture beside it(if it will fit on the page).And I'm no heavy machinery expert but it seems to me it would take longer than a few hours to dig,and fill in,a thirty foot hole.(That hole didn't even look thirty foot to me)

midwestdigger

Reaction score
Those guys sure seem like complete morons. The prices on everything are so unrealistic. I'm gonna go dig in some 1950s dumps and see if I can sell some rusted cans for $100 a piece. I keep watching the show hoping they will dig a privy. The opening credits show a John Ryan Excelsior mineral water soda from savannah so hopefully we will soon see where they dug it.

Diggin4Togas

Reaction score
I'm on the same page as you Rick, when do we start?
ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

I think the people that run these digging show are looking for diggers who are (only) into it for the money.
If you talk about history,the love of the hobby,the thrill of the dig,etc and do not mention $$$$$ through out the whole interview,then you are passed on. These shows are about everything I am against.

A few people have talked to me over the phone about these
"Wannabe digging shows" They asked me questions about my digging and I told them what I tell everyone,"I dig for the love of the hobby & history" not money. I never heard from them again. That's fine with me. I wouldn't lower my self to that trash.
I'll make my own damm show,anyone want to work with me?? [8D]
Randy

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: midwestdigger

Those guys sure seem like complete morons. The prices on everything are so unrealistic. I'm gonna go dig in some 1950s dumps and see if I can sell some rusted cans for $100 a piece. I keep watching the show hoping they will dig a privy. The opening credits show a John Ryan Excelsior mineral water soda from savannah so hopefully we will soon see where they dug it.

I KNOW WHEN I SEE THAT I AM GOING LOOSE MY LUNCH OR WHAT EVER IS IN MY STOMACH

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Didn't we already have a go around about this piece of crap, total BS, staged, vain fat basta*d show? Everybody should email Spike TV about how this fat blow hard phony is doing them an injustice. Might go well if there was a network to keep seriously mentally challenged folks who want to believe anything occupied. That's it MCTV, forget MTV!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter