AMS whiskey

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

California Dream N

Reaction score
Hi guys.. I am new here..So "Hello" first... My husband and I are oldtime bottle diggers and don't usually pick up anything after 1900 or so but today while kicking around in a 1920-30? dump my hubby found a whiskey bottle. It is embossed AMS and the lid says American Medicinal Spirits. Great shape and no Federal law. I looked it up and know when and why it was made ..My question is. Is it collectible or worth anything? It's in great shape and the lid is the best part. Thanks in advance for your help...

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Norene, Welcome to the forum. You got to love those medicinal spirits. What a way to get cured. it should have some value to whiskey collectors as it is probably not common. It would help if you could post a picture. We love pictures.

California Dream N

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Warren. I will try to put up a photo in the next day or so..Hope everyone has a Happy New Year..

Norene.

zanes_antiques

Reaction score
Now I see why you have so many posts Warren. You beat me to it! Just kidding.... Welcome Cali, I look foward to replying to you many future posts, if I get there before Warren

California Dream N

Reaction score
Thanks Zane..Going to try to post a couple of pix of the bottle. Really got a kick out of reading it's purpose and how the people got around the Prohibition law..

bottle2.jpg

California Dream N

Reaction score
Well that obviously didn't work..Help.. I used the IMG tag..Should I have used the Display URL?

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Zane, You will really have to be a speed typist to beat my 17 words a minute flash typing and thats with only two fingers. With all my fingers going I bet I could hit 20 words a minute if I could keep from gettin them all tangled up.[;)]

I love bottles and I likes to help folks when I can. Ask your bro and Josh G.[:)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler