Another mystery.....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

shawnd11

Reaction score
Another mystery, no name. 7 1/2" tall - 4 1/2" wide. any ideas?
Seam is through lip.
Back says Federal Law Prohibits Sale or Use of This Bottle.
Buy this bottle only in tin top sealed carton.

Mk26448.jpg

Attachments

• Mk26448.jpg
    Mk26448.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 88

redbrass_ca

Reaction score
Hi,

I read somewhere that the quote:"Federal Law Prohibits Sale or Use of This Bottle" was used between 1936 and 1964 following prohibition on liquor bottles

Cheers

Thierry

glopf43

Reaction score
Hello Shawnd11. Cool bottle! Bottles marked, "Federal Law Forbids..." were made between 1932 and 1964. All post prohibition liquor bottles had to be marked this way. I find alot in the dumps around my place. I have started collecting them. If you would like to sell the one you posted, please let me know by e-mail.

shawnd11

Reaction score
thanks for the info glopf.

I may sell it later. When I decide to for sure I'll let you know.

thanks again

snake oil

Reaction score
Shawnd11 , welcome to the forum . I have a bottle almost identical to yours , except there are no words embossed on mine and the neck is shaped differently . The rest of the embossing is basicly the same as yours . My bottle has the Owen's trade mark on the base , an "O" over a diamond . I wish I could show a pic but I don't have a digital camera , yet . The guy I bought it from , told me it was a prohibition era whiskey bottle , that was bottled in Canada and smuggeled into the U.S. . I bought this bottle and two other amber whiskeys , a "Bourbon De Luxe Whiskey" and , a "Jessie Moore American Pure Rye Whiskey" , for $8 each at the Baltimore bottle show . All three are really cool looking , with all the embossing on them . Your bottle may not be worth alot , but I would keep it , some of these early 20th century whiskeys are really cool . [;)]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem