another noob in need

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

surfaceone

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: halibutski

First post here, so I'll start by saying y'all have a great forum, and thanks in advance for all help. I'm a dealer specializing in glass, but with little knowledge of bottles. I came across this piece some time ago at an estate sale. The neck is just a little crooked, the whole bottle is slightly out of round, and the shoulder droops a bit to one side (sounds like me actually). The pontil is a big messy affair and it shows white where there was an attempt to smooth it at some point in history. Also, the pontil is further off center than one I normally see on art glass or older production studio pieces. The glass, while slick and glossy, is translucent and it is a true red color. I apologize for the weak pics. I'll try to get it better if it will help. What do I have here???

P3280390.jpg

Hello Phillip,

Welcome to the A-BN, and thanks for bringing the red bottle.

In my opinion, it's a hand made decorator, or set decoration piece. No discernable base wear, coupled with the odd form, and really red color, make me wonder where the others in the set went.

One often sees these type vessels in nests of three, on a shelf, behind and to the left, or right of some talking head on TV, or decorating a shelf in someone's (who is not an antique bottle collector) living room or den.

246640-500x375.jpg
From.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikis1981