Another privy

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Lordbud

Reaction score
Found a Phoenix like yours at Wright's up in the mountains back in 1986/87. Just a part of the shoulder was showing and I thought for sure it would be broken. Came out perfect but then the Loma Prieta quake did it some slight damage a couple years later. These Phoenix Bourbons always bring a nice price on ebay. There's a somewhat newer variant with a smaller bird.

ktbi

Reaction score
Great haul guys Nice to find a local med too. Keep it up and thanks for posting....Ron

ncbred

Reaction score
That Phoenix Bourbon is beautiful! Clean that Owl up and show it to us!

willong

Reaction score
"Who says tooled tops aren't cool to collect?" Not me! I'd be very happy with that Phoenix bottle too!

Some of my own favorite dug bottles are my Jesse Moore and Hunt, Crown, and etc. whiskies. I always thought that the Castle Whiskey was a particularly nicely engraved bottle, but now that I've seen your Phoenix, I definitely prefer it. It certainly has a clean, modern graphic style to it for a bottle over a century old. Nice find.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Great dig guys. As you have been told, those Phoenix toolies are very collectable. The Montezuma Hills are loaded with them, as is Fairfield and surrounding farmhouses and towns. Phoenix and Taussig were big with the locals.

caldigs

Reaction score
sounds like a jamed hole !! was it for a house or commercial building ??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday