Another solar company takes a hit

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rockbot

Reaction score
Very unfortunate trend. Is China out gunning us in Solar technology?

http://www.freep.com/article/20120214/BUSINESS06/120214023/Energy-Conversion-Devices-bankruptcy-ECD?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Dirty Dog

Reaction score
Solar still seems to be in somewhat early stages. I was happy to see we are brings back some nuclear plant (Georgia I believe approved 1st one since TMI accident). Being a welder hopeful it will eventually bring approvals and work up my way.

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
Is China out gunning us in Solar technology?

No they sell theirs at below cost. Put the competition who play fair out of business. Then raise prices when they have the monopoly.
Its an old tune, heard it before. We fall for it again and again because the political parties play games internally and we can never present a united front. Pretty sad really.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Tony,

At least there is not yet any evidence of an Obama Energy Department Loan Guarantee to Energy Conversion Devices.

Unlike the other recent Energy Department Loan Guarantee bankruptcies. Everyone has heard the Solyndra story, right?

cmimg_53102.jpg

Have you heard about the Range Fuels Failure?

Very little coverage on the Beacon Power, or EnerDel Failures. Here's a Brief Story.

I almost missed the Ener1 Bankruptcy. Only $118 Million tax dollars down the tube, right.

Hey, Andrew Breitbart has a very interesting page on 80 % of 'Green Energy' Loans Went to Top Obama Donors.

If you look through the list, and I would suggest that you do, you'll see our old friend Al Gore makes an appearance as an investor in Fisker Automotive. This was one of Joe Biden's pet projects to send, not only the money, but the jobs overseas. In this case to Finland.

$529 Million Loan to Build Cars in Finland.

ap_henrik_fisker_joe_biden_jp_111019_wg.jpg

"Vice president Joe Biden, left, and Henrik Fisker, CEO of Fisker Automotive announces that the company will produce plug-in hybrid electric vehicles at the former General Motors Boxwood Plant, Oct. 27, 2009, in Wilmington, Del."

The name of this new American backed Finnish car; The Karma.

abc_fiskers_car_thg_111019_wg.jpg

Why is Mr. Chu still with the Energy Department? Why is Mr. Obama even contemplating re-election?

Steven-Chu-500x306.jpg

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
exactly, republican vs democrat nonsense distracting people while the chinese rape us economically.
sad.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Matt,

With his new Spend the Chinese Dollars Budget, would you not agree that Mr. Obama is doing a lot for the Chinese with his Spending Policies?

white-oval-president.n.jpg
Happy Valentine's Day

surfaceone

Reaction score
exactly, republican vs democrat nonsense

Pardon me, Matt,

I believe the Billions squandered under Mr. Obama's "Green Energy" Program was purely Democrat waste, fraud, and abuse.

Obama-new-energy.jpg

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
China has such a huge cost advantage over us it is not funny. The average wage for a factory worker is in the 125 to 150 dollars a month range, that was a year or two ago, might be a bit more now.
There is a great deal of profit to be made, as the cost basis is very low, the product is sold just below what you can make it for here, but the low cost basis permits a profitable markup, and domestic manufactures can not keep up.
This is the basis for the last 30 years, as the great middle class in this nation has slowly, but steadily eroded. The manufacturing jobs which provided so many with middle class status, have left and will not likely return.
And, as the middle class erodes, so does the Nation.

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
exactly, yes, republican vs democrat nonsense distracting people while the chinese rape us economically.
sad.
No more proof is needed.

rockbot

Reaction score
Wow Surf, thats some pretty scary stuff. I have two sons in engineering and hope they will be able to contribute some day. Things aren't looking to good as of late.[:(]

ORIGINAL: surfaceone

Hey Tony,

At least there is not yet any evidence of an Obama Energy Department Loan Guarantee to Energy Conversion Devices.

Unlike the other recent Energy Department Loan Guarantee bankruptcies. Everyone has heard the Solyndra story, right?

cmimg_53102.jpg

Have you heard about the Range Fuels Failure?

Very little coverage on the Beacon Power, or EnerDel Failures. Here's a Brief Story.

I almost missed the Ener1 Bankruptcy. Only $118 Million tax dollars down the tube, right.

Hey, Andrew Breitbart has a very interesting page on 80 % of 'Green Energy' Loans Went to Top Obama Donors.

If you look through the list, and I would suggest that you do, you'll see our old friend Al Gore makes an appearance as an investor in Fisker Automotive. This was one of Joe Biden's pet projects to send, not only the money, but the jobs overseas. In this case to Finland.

$529 Million Loan to Build Cars in Finland.

ap_henrik_fisker_joe_biden_jp_111019_wg.jpg

"Vice president Joe Biden, left, and Henrik Fisker, CEO of Fisker Automotive announces that the company will produce plug-in hybrid electric vehicles at the former General Motors Boxwood Plant, Oct. 27, 2009, in Wilmington, Del."

The name of this new American backed Finnish car; The Karma.

abc_fiskers_car_thg_111019_wg.jpg

Why is Mr. Chu still with the Energy Department? Why is Mr. Obama even contemplating re-election?

Steven-Chu-500x306.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen