Another unknown button

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Brandons Bottles

Reaction score
Alright, I'm completely stumped this time. This button came from the same home site. It's got no markings except a flower and a pattern on the edges around the flower. It's smaller than a dime (penny shown) and has a broken shank. The shank almost looks hand applied, but as you can all probably tell, I have no knowledge in old buttons, so I'm not sure. Can anyone identify this and age it or even give me a website to refer to? Thanks for all your help.
002-31.jpg

001-30.jpg

004-25.jpg

epackage

Reaction score
Flowers were EXTREMELY POPULAR when it came to buttons, without any markings it's gonna be tough finding a similar example...

ironmountain

Reaction score
this one? similar but not quite.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Civil-War-Relic-Beautiful-22-mm-Gilted-Flower-Button-Dug-Petersburg-VA-/390404840557?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ae5f11c6d

ironmountain

Reaction score
decent link:

http://www.civilwarbuttons.com/

Some of the CW buttons are worth a sick amount... guys on the MD forum I go to that hunt relics in CW/Rev War areas find all kinds of goodness... i find.... float copper... still waiting to find that Native American copper made tool that my friend found.....

epackage

Reaction score
Except for the flower being on them I see nothing that remotely makes the 2 similar at all, except of course the fact that they're buttons..[;)]

Brandons Bottles

Reaction score
I'm currently navigating this website on a phone and won't be able to get to a computer until Wednesday. I will look at the links then. Thanks for them and I hope they help. Surprisingly, I've never seen a button with a flower like mine on the internet when I searched for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy Collie