Another Veteran estate gift

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Buffalo Hunter

Reaction score
Not looking for a value but does anyone know the year of manf. of a savage .22 pump, octangle barrel serial num 26985?

coreya

Reaction score
If its a model 29 it would have been pre 1940 when they stopped the octagon barrel however more info would be a big help identifying which model you have.

Buffalo Hunter

Reaction score
Yes, I should have realized that instead of being in a hurry. A little quick background, the veteran was my mother's partner for 40+ years and while they never got married he was my boy's "Papa John". He left my mother a sizable life time accumlation of what made his 90 years of living. She on the other hand is like her mother does not like all the little things we accumlate from living and is giving them away to family. Hence the gun/rifle question and the coins. She gave me a piggy bank with some 40+ Mercury and pre 1959 Roosevelt dimes.

Anyway the .22 question. It's a pump, model 29A made in Utica, NY (sp?), it has a nice aged patina the reason I was curious about the age. I looked around the net but couldn't find an age other than pre WWII. What I know about guns would fill a small Vicks nasal bottle.

coreya

Reaction score
The dates of manufacture of the model 29 series is 1929 thru 1967 with as I said before the octogon barrel being discontinued in 1940. Savage arms has no list that I know of tying serial # to date of manufacture. Your rifle is therefore between 1929 and 40. Hope this helps and the rifle is a nice little plinker to have.(very cheap to shoot)

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster