Another young newbie

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JDCJ

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have access to a site with thousands of old bottles. Most would be from the early to mid 1900's, but some will be earlier. I'm just wondering if it could be worth it for me financially to start bringing these babies to the house and do some research. I see that many of you have this as a passion, but I just asked an honest question. I don't mean to offend anyone. I just want to know if this could be a legitimate source of side money? I basically could get bottles out of this site for years. Any opinions will be appreciated. Thanks very much.

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey JDCJ, welcome to the forum! As far as monetary value, there are very few post 1900 bottles worth a great deal. There are a few, and who knows, maybe some are stashed away at your site. Even on pre 1900 bottles, for every bottle worth $100.00, there is a thousand worth $1.00. Condition of the bottle as well as color, embossment, age, rarity all play a part in value. If you enjoy history, research, exercise, and the thrill of uncovering something 50 to 100 years old that will be around long after we are all dead and gone, go for it! [:D] If you are looking to make a lot of extra money on the side... probably not. Give it a try, you may become smitten with the bottle bug as many of us have. If that happens, you'll find yourself digging every chance you get no matter what the income of your dig is. [:D] Happy Diggin, Kelley

IRISH

Reaction score
Can't say I agree about the post 1900 thing, post 1930 maybe but there are a lot of bottles worth into the thousands of dollars from 1900 to the late 1910s and even later.
As for digging for cash, there are a few who do it here some of them do very well out of it too.

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
I don't believe in digging for cash, I believe in digging for fun.[:D]

diggerjeff

Reaction score
good attitude digger boy91 !! i do it for the thrill of the hunt and the work out. i have always said " if i had to do this for a living , i would starve 1/2 the time". there are some good bottles "$" post 1900. just dig for the fun, and keep what you like and have a good time!!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28