Antique Foot Bottle????

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

antiquegirl05

Reaction score
Please help me with my problem! My family has owned a very unique antique bottle for a long time. We are very unsure of what it is, and have brought it to various appraisers and dealers in the twin cities. The only one who even attempted to identify it told us that it was an antique german sipping bottle. But we are all still very unsure of what it is, and have never seen any other bottle/flask like it on all our antique trips.
DESCRIPTION: It is about 4-5 inches tall, shaped like a foot, on the sole of the foot is the image of a face. It is glazed in a light grey, and in the "big toe" is the hole.
IF you can help, and know what it is PLEASE HELP ME.... [:D]

bigkitty53

Reaction score
A picture!A picture!A picture!Your description sounds intriguing,but I doubt many,if any, here have ever heard of anything described like as such!-A picture in case IS worth a thousand words!

KAT

diginit

Reaction score
Hello antiquegirl5, Welcome to the forum.
I'd like to see this. If you're having trouble posting a pic. email it to me through my profile and I'll post it for you.(this is a one time special offer)

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Could it possibly be a Schafer & Vader Nipper? (I think I spelled those names right...LOL)....They made many types of figural ceramic German flasks/bottles...often called "nippers".

antiquegirl05

Reaction score
i have managed to post a picture finally... i hope it helps [:)]

Attachments

• Ge95056.jpg
    Ge95056.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 71

antiquegirl05

Reaction score
Thank for the refrence Rich, i will email her. I was looking up Schafer and Vader Nipper Flasks today and managed to find a similar figure to mine, Im still not sure really what they are though. Everyones' posts have been so helpful, thanks! I will post when i learn more.
Have a wonderful day everyone !!! ~Elyse [:D]

antiquegirl05

Reaction score
hey everyone! just wondering if anyone knows anything about the value of a Schafer and Vader nipper, if you do i would really like to hear what you have to say.

glopf43

Reaction score
Hey Swede & Lobby. "Poop on the foot", means that you'll need to be, "still scraping" [sm=rolleyes.gif]!

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR