Any good finds this weekend?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ironmountain

Reaction score
I feel you adam about the wife issue. As long as I'm selling, the wife is fine. If it sits there and I'm "collecting" to get some inventory, she gets a bit irksome.

You should do well at the sale. Then you can show her the phat money you made and how stuff is gone now...she'll be happy.

We have a rummage sale every year at wife's parents house. Normally there are people standing outside of the garage door pacing and waiting. She has 3 sisters so there's always a ton of stuff. We did well, but still had 3 trucks full of stuff. So it all ended up at our house in the basement. We had a 2 day sale. Started Sat at 8 and people were there at 6:30. We did 500 on the first day. second day, we did 1100 or so. Buddy and I made more than everyone, we sold 400+........that quieted my wife right down....

GL with the sale! Always fun to run or go to, unless it's 400 degrees outside.

accountantadam

Reaction score
Ironmountain - My wife is the same way, Likes to see the money come in. I think she's just griping now because I have sale stuff in 2 rooms of the house, and drag more is as soon as I get some boxed up. She does get 1st pick of anything I bring home, so she likes that too. We've financed our vacations the last 3 years doing these sales. Nothing too pricey, but long weekend trips somewhere usually. 1100 is not bad at all for a 2 day sale. Sounds like you guys get a good crowd. We've been running 3 sales a year for a few years now. Usually 1 at the end of april or beginning of may, one around the 4th of july, then the big one in Oct. We have a 40x60 3 door pole barn that we'll completely fill up for the oct. sale, plus more stuff outside. We have a guy come set up on 1 side of the lot that does chainsaw carvings. We also stock up on pumpkins and mums to sell. A lot of work, but we have a good time doing it. Hopefully the weather holds out. I'm hoping for 65 degrees and sunny during the day that weekend.

MIdigger

Reaction score
Iron, I am hoping the weather co-operates this weekend. I plan on having all my stuff out and set up at O-dark thirty. Then go and post signs before daylight. Come back, double check everything and be ready for the first lugnut to swing in and spend some cash! Or wake me from sleeping in the lounge chair! With a sign that says "please kick attendant for service".

Hoping to clear this stuff out as fast as possible. Have a few purchases to make. And you know Kellyco is so close.....to get to.

ironmountain

Reaction score
It'll be nice to sell all that stuff and make some cash. I thought about doing it with all of the stuff I have. I'll probably throw it up on Etsy or back on ebay.

adam,
sounds like a sweet gig. Big pole barn for room, enough money to pay for some fun and it clears everything out to make room for more!

toddrandolph

Reaction score
I do one sale here a year, mostly all stuff I either buy at other sales or pick off the curb. I live next to the fairgrounds, so it's always the third weekend in August during the fair. It all gets dragged out to the front yard, as most people won't stop unless they can see what you have from the road to be sure it's not all baby stuff and tupperware. Sometimes if I have enough stuff I will do an April sale in the barn and also sell throughout the year on craigs list and to local dealers and pickers. It's a lot of work but fun and a good way to make extra money.

MIdigger

Reaction score
This is the last one for the year for me. A bit nippy out posting signs at 6am. Got everything set and had a neighbor stop by already. Its pretty foggy out here so it may be a bit before the rampage begins. Going to try my best to get rid of it all today.

Want to go detecting again pretty bad before this snow flies.

Iam sure you all saw what happened to gold and silver over the last 2 days. Hang on to what you have. Now is a good buying opp at these prices. That is if you can find anyone selling. Ive found most of these coin dealers dunk the silver and gold until a more profitable time. Even though they are buying at these cheap prices. I suppose this is why we rummage to get some good deals.

Iron.....Fisher F5 or Garrett AT-Pro?? if I make enough and then another BH-505 Bogo. That things been a coins and gold/sivler machine. Though the Mxt-p is going to get a serious workout this week.

Good luck rummaging this weekend everyone!

accountantadam

Reaction score
Mike - Nothing from Nevada in this stack, all ohio's. One pretty nice 1942 in there. Any years you're looking for from Nevada? I'll keep my eyes open for you.
Todd- How's your luck on craigslist? I've been doing better buying than selling from there. I've found a few free pages within facebook, and I've been moving some stuff there.
MIdigger- How did the sale go? Move a lot of stuff??
I really struck out this weekend. Went to 3 auctions and a yard sale, and only ended up with a couple things. A nice water pitcher made by hall for General Electric I hadn't seen before, 16 lamps, and a cast iron name plate from Circleville. Hopefully next weekend will be better, but I've noticed the garage sales are really slowing down now, starting to get cooler here

MIdigger

Reaction score
Acct- I figured with what I had id do fairly well. I posted it as a "Man sale" and last time we were busy all day. This time?? I think the economy has really got people holding their cash. I only did maybe 125 and had very little traffic, even though it was a nice day out.

So instead of sitting all day today I made the decision to pull the signs and close it down. I have others I can get rid of most of it to, and figure thats what I will do. I can see why people have the 1/2 off or make an offer signs out, there just isnt much money to be had around these parts.

Probably go metal detecting later this afternoon. Hope some of you found some deals this weekend.

Stardust

Reaction score
Hey Mike ~ I found something I know you will like ~ [;)]
star ~ *

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator