ANY IDEAS?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Hello, I recently picked this up at a local Goodwill. I thought it was neat and bought it. I only paid something like 50 cents for it. It is cobalt and that's pretty much all I know about it. Any clue what it might be?

Fd92430.jpg

ronvae

Reaction score
Maybe a pestle (sp?) as in "mortar & petsle"? Or a hanging ornament? Is it solid or hollow?

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Hello again, it is hollow and looks like it might be broke off at the end. Thanks for your interest!

ronvae

Reaction score
All I can think of is that if it is hollow, it is more likely to be a hanging ornament of some sort, and not a tool. Just a guess. Neat looking, whatever it is!

S.C. Warner

Reaction score
it happens out in Vegas, and it happens in Moline.
Hi Everyone! I don't know Ronvae, you could still be right about it being a tool. or maybe part of a tool? Some glass items can be pretty durable and tough. It does look close to a pedstal. Using imagination I could see it as one handle to a very unique rolling pin. DiggerBryan, what are the dimensions and weight? Using imagination a bit further (I hope you don't mind I took liberty with your shot DB.) maybe missing cork, could it be a stopper for a fancy decanter? BTW, I would have bought it too! Especially at that price! It almost looks like lapis.
best,
sc.

Xv64228.jpg

Attachments

• Xv64228.jpg
    Xv64228.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 77

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Hello again, sorry I haven't had a chance to reply the power has been out due to an ice storm. The "thing" is about 7 inches long and at the widest part an inch and a half. I was thinking it could have been a tool also. I started brainstorming again and thought maybe someone was practicing glass blowing maybe? and came out with this. But I don't know. Thanks for the help so far!

medbottle

Reaction score
Are there any wear spots? Is the open end broken, or is it sheared? lightly re-fired?

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Hello medbottle, I can't seem to find any wear marks. The end seems to be broken off. It is also filled with hundreds of bubbles.

glassy eyed

Reaction score
It could be a ........ no better not say . Some might find my suggestion offensive.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28