ANY IDEAS?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

idigjars

Reaction score
Hello, could just be a glassblower's whimsey? Or maybe the rounded end was used as a tool to help darn socks? Who knows for sure. Very cool color. Thanks for sharing the pic. Paul [:)]

David E

Reaction score
I go along with D.C. its the stopper for a decanter. The broken part may have been the ground end of the stopper.

Dave

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Hello, yes in does have a hole in it, but only on one side. You think it could possibly be a lightning rod ball? COOL!

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
it well could be,theres alot fo differnt types and sizes,they use to put them on barns/buildings...or it could be somthing else....
how big is it,and whats the width?...Weight?,how large is the hole?,is it misshapen "kinda melted look?.........

it looks also like a stopper like the others said above and also like one of them newer "Glass Smokin Herb Devices,but broke",

"glassy eyed"----- LOL.......could be aswell,never know in this world...LOL,.,.,.,.

Monsonant

Reaction score
Looks like a broken stopper to me also . Used to see those giant "Decanter'" Genie type bottles allot when I was a kid in the 60s. They were fashionable in the 50's People liked to put them on their TV sets , they stood about 2 - 3 ft high and were usually very bright in color with a pattern of some sort worked into the glass . I always thought they were Italian .

Pestiles (Mortar & Pestle) are usally solid ..... as are the similar "off-hand" sock darners that are found occasionally. d.e.a.

Us54793.jpg

Attachments

• Us54793.jpg
    Us54793.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 85

diggs

Reaction score
Looks like something left out in the farmers field after the Woodstock concert.Seriously.Anyone else agree?

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Glass blower's end of day whimsey? Its composition looks a little out of true to have been part of a stopper for a quality piece of glasswork. It kind of 'leans/bends' to the left from your picture. I thought it way too large for a stopper until Dave's mention of those oversized decantors, now I wonder....

Just looked at the pictures again, is there any chance the 'broken' end is actually sheared or otherwise purposefully cut?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster