Any Info on these Two.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

offishn

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: surfaceone

$(KGrHqV,!n8FD-3+bhZEBREPEFtuWg~~60_35.JPG
From.

Hello Robert,

Welcome to the Blue Pages. The Ledicott's is a British ginger beer / mineral water from the early 20th Century. The form and the internal threads make it so.

ay.jpg
From.

Southend-On-Sea is an well known seaside resort of Essex.

640px-The_Kursaal%2C_Southend-On-Sea.jpg
Wow Thanks, Now there is some info I was hoping to get. Thanks for sharing!!

emmas42

Reaction score
Hello! I stumbled upon this page as I was googling a bottle I bought in an antique shop.

I am from Southend on Sea and bought a Ledicott bottle to fill with Southend sand to use in my new house in a different county. (A little bit of home!)

I thought that you might be interested in this video:

http://www.eafa.org.uk/catalogue/140

At about 11.20 there is footage of the Ledicott bottling plant. Not much footage, but quite cool.

If you watch any of the other footage, I can confirm that the pubs are still there and look pretty much the same! In fact the Railway pub is one of my favorites. We still have a carnival and a carnival queen too!

I may be back on this forum again. I think I want to find a few more ledicott bottle for my (soon to be) collection.

Emma. x

offishn

Reaction score
Wow Thanks, If you decide in the future you need another bottle, let me know. I would be interested in selling this one.
ORIGINAL: emmas42

Hello! I stumbled upon this page as I was googling a bottle I bought in an antique shop.

I am from Southend on Sea and bought a Ledicott bottle to fill with Southend sand to use in my new house in a different county. (A little bit of home!)

I thought that you might be interested in this video:

http://www.eafa.org.uk/catalogue/140

At about 11.20 there is footage of the Ledicott bottling plant. Not much footage, but quite cool.

If you watch any of the other footage, I can confirm that the pubs are still there and look pretty much the same! In fact the Railway pub is one of my favorites. We still have a carnival and a carnival queen too!

I may be back on this forum again. I think I want to find a few more ledicott bottle for my (soon to be) collection.

Emma. x

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles