Anyone here collect New York State milk bottles?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Andrewt

Reaction score
I have a few; One Shaker creek dairy, Watervliet, REHP. A Waterford dairies COP of the cream TRPQ and I'll have to look when I get home. I have NOT seen these dairies at all being sold.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello all, I have my first bottle collected, which is a pint milk a neighbor dairy farmer gave me when when i was about nine years old. AT that time it had milk in it which I drank and brought the bottle home. Shortly after that I got my second milk bottle when my grandfather took me to the Thatcher Glass factory in Elmira and I got to see how they were made on an early HMB machine. I even got this second one to bring home. It was after going through the annealing leer. I still have both of them, so that is how I started collecting bottles. Some 30+ years later I went to work at that same glass factory in their Central Mold Division. RED Matthews

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
I know several collectors, all of whom collect a particular region of NYS milks, Long Island in particular.
Now, just to keep all of you on your toes, around here for the milk bottle guys Long Island is loosely defined as Nassau County and Suffolk County, while Queens and Brooklyn tend to be called just NY (short for New York City). Does not mean they will not pick them up, but, they are not Long Island milks. Confused yet?
For those of you who really pay attention, I collect Long Island stoneware, and for this collection, I define Long Island geographically, which includes Brooklyn and Queens.
The blob collectors I know tend to have the Brooklyn blobs as their own category, there are so many of them, while Queens tends to be called Long Island blobs.
I know a local Citrate collector, and he defines his collection much the same way as I do my stoneware, geographically. For him, a Brooklyn citrate is a Long Island citrate.
And not to go off topic, I collect milks from my part of Long Island, Sayville, West Sayville, Oakdale, Bohemia/Bohemiaville, Bayport, Holbrook and Blue Point.

Andrewt

Reaction score
2012-09-22153754_zps638ec821.jpg

Here the Shaker creek dairy

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexTheBottleHunter