APOTHECARY POISON TWO BOTTLES

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bearfan

Reaction score
I am going to list these bottles on ebay as they are shown here. I do not know enough about them to take them "apart"----wood any of you mind if I used your comments on these bottles in the auction? I am an honest person and what people to have an honest opinion of what these bottles are. If I could have your permission first that would be great. Thanks For your help guys. If you want me to leave a link to the auction I would be more than happy to post it for you here once they are up and running.[:)]

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi Bearfan, you can HONESTLY say that your 2 bottles were responsible for the longest running dialog about bottles across the US, England and Australia! lol I guess I'm kinda suprised that you don't want to keep them after all this. Since you are selling them, you still might want to sell the bases as inks after taking off that 'poison' label. I think you could also sell the stoppers independently of the bottles. WHATEVER! LOL Good luck. Oh, last thing, I couldn't stop laughing at your description of these as 'Apothacary Holy Poison Inkwells'

bearfan

Reaction score
Hey guys, the bottle are up on ebay. Just Click On "Apothecary Bottles" below
apothecary.JPG

APOTHECARY BOTTLES

I want to thank everyone for their help---it was fun. I can not wait until I find some other odd bottles to show you. I am hopping to at least make my money back, but we'll see. I could not pick which messages to use in the auction, so I used them all! [:)] I would have just put a link to here, but ebay is really funny about linking out of their site. I just recently found a rounded bottom bottle, but found through some research that they are not that rare at all. AGAIN, A MILLION THANKS TO YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
Good job on the eBay ad. That IS one of the most interesting, informative ads I have ever seen on eBay.

--------Good luck!

bearfan

Reaction score
Wow woody you are good---how did you know that? I did buy them there---was looking at them for a couple weeks---they put them on sale---and I asked if I could get them for $50.00 and the dealer said yes. So do you know the dealer??

bearfan

Reaction score
Thank You Harry for the compliment!! I try and be an honest seller in all of my auctions so people know exactly what they are getting. It is funny how I shop, I get stuff that I like, I figure if I like it, someone else has to like it! Sometimes it works for me but others it does not. I am not a seasoned "Dealer" I am just a guy who loves to buy odd things--enjoy them for a bit---and then see what I can do with it. This form has peeked my interest in bottles in a big way. Thank You Guys for that, my wallet however does not thank you! LOL

woody

Reaction score
No, Bearfan, I don't know who the dealer is there.
Being a group shop there are many dealers there and I haven't frequented the place for quite a while.
I have seen some nice bottles there over the years, but they didn't seem like much of a bargain to me.
Of course I'm used to digging them myself.
I work in Belmont, by the way, and live in Gilmanton.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bearybottlebaby1776