Appraised a "dug" collection-some goodies- a "R.R. Milk?"

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
The second bottle pictured above is a "400" bottle. The bottle is also embossed "The only fresh chocolated milk with rico flavor". "400" was a franchised product that was introduced by Walter Jahn in the early 1920's. The dairy was required to purchase the chocolate syrup and the bottles from the "400" Products Company of Chicago, Illinois. There was no franchise fee and the "400" Products Company handled the advertising for the product. The price to be charged for the 7 ounce bottle was 5 cents. The brand did not last long. By 1925 the formula was sold to the Dairy Drink Company, also from Chicago, and was called Chocolated Dairy Drink. This bottle is not in any way related to the train that also used the 400 name. We have seen this bottle sell on ebay as a railroad collectible and for sure the product was not unique to the railroad. It possibly was served on trains but it was also available to all dairymen and was not exclusive to any train. The bottles were made by the Atlantic Bottle Company of Brakenridge, Pennsylvania and would date prior to 1930

Oldihtractor

Reaction score
That bottle is fairly common here in the mid atlantic they can range form 15-40.00 depending on who is selling them.. still a nice looking tall blob ..

ORIGINAL: downeastdigger

betterer pic

4AB068BE73EB4A04832135EB83168BC6.jpg

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Man, I need some Weavers in my collection! I have one with a base crack. They just keep getting more expensive.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75