Arnold Theller

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I finally took a photo of that Arnold Theller bottle I was asking about a couple weeks ago.
I am trying to determine what country it is from and what it may have contained. My guess was Germany or Netherlands and contained beer or malt extract.

From its manufacture, if it were American I would date it at about 1870, however European makers seemed to use the 3 piece molds and applied lips all the way up until 1900. That's my impression anyway. Its a neat bottle with the old style embossing.

Fd92908.jpg

Attachments

• Fd92908.jpg
    Fd92908.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 54

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
sorry still cant find info,..plus i dont have my main book about bottes here,...
look on ebay,or do a search on yahoo for Digger O'dells site,ask him!.....he's got one heck of a good book series also!

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Hi GuntherHess,
In one of my bottle books House of Collectibles 1986 I found the following listing under "Spirits"

"A Theller"
On shoulder,under bottom of bottle in a circle, "Theller Arnold"
applied top,kick up,dark olive 9 1/2 In. 7.00 - 10.00 dollars

Hope this info helps.
Cliff

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Price Guide to Bottles Old and New, 10th edition over 23,000 current prices, That's the rest of info on cover. Primarily US bottles. I check it often to find bottles I haven't been able to find in most bottle books. Of course prices have mostly gone up since it was published in 1986 but is good for general info as to rarity of a bottle.
Cliff

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday