Ashs, seeds, and black dirt!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

edndlm

Reaction score
Nice Egg...dug a few whole ones in the past ..always liked to find them !

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
This was it for bottles before we were picking up our tools in the dark....I could FEEL them down in the use layer but finally quit for fear of breaking any good ones,...We covered up the holes till tomorrow...since Penn Digger had a big favor done for me, (*all the local sanborns burned to disk),...soon we'll be able to date the house site and see if this is the oldest pit. This one loks 1890's to TOC...We'll be updating tomorrow. Thanks for looking. Laur will add a vid soon.

24553748C2464FF7A80575170AB43F57.jpg

Attachments

• 24553748C2464FF7A80575170AB43F57.jpg
    24553748C2464FF7A80575170AB43F57.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 52

RedGinger

Reaction score
Pretty hinge-mold one. I should know the dates for those, but I don't remember.

lexdigger

Reaction score
Won't be long and ya'll will be diggin em in no time! Don't be afraid to use a Shovel to dig that fill out of there! I usually don't even slow down till I'm in the use layer! I know it doesn't matter with it being an empty lot and all, but boards or tarps will help make the fill in a lot easier. Can't wait to see what comes out of the bottom... don't forget to check the corners!!!

mr.fred

Reaction score
Nice job on the Videos [;)]-------I like this kind of digging---first time for me digging a privy----i am a bank digger by trade[:D]----nice break from hiking miles to dig[8|]---i could get use to this----hard work----but worth it------Mr.Fred

RedGinger

Reaction score
Yeah, we are going to bring buckets today. I let the guys help with getting the fill out for the most part. Boy, am I sore today. I do more of the scratching, when they let me have a turn![:mad:] I have to amen that, as Fred always offers me a turn in his hole.

RedGinger

Reaction score
Thanks lexdigger and KB for your tips and well wishes. I have to say Joe offers me turns too. I am just not as strong as these guys. Anywho, I was just trying to explain to Tom about locating the wood lined walls of the privy so it did not collapse. All that tunneling was making me nervous. Tom has a lot of manpower and does a great job clearing out the holes too. The penny I described, I haven't seen. Joe found it the first day, but Tom has it. I did not know the exact date, so I was asking Tom to identify it. It sure sounds cool. I love old coins. I'm excited to go back and see what else turns up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause