Ashs, seeds, and black dirt!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RedGinger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: mr.fred

Nice job on the Videos [;)]-------I like this kind of digging---first time for me digging a privy----i am a bank digger by trade[:D]----nice break from hiking miles to dig[8|]---i could get use to this----hard work----but worth it------Mr.Fred

Thanks, Fred. I thought the part where you "head to China" was funny. Looking forward to seeing you later. Joe's mowing now, but he'll give you a call soon.

swizzle

Reaction score
Very cool video's. Looks like you're hooked on privies now. That's only the second time I've seen a video of a gurlie in a privy looking for bottles. Hopefully you find a few of those gargling oils whole. That's a sweet looking shard. Keep those video's coming. Swiz [:)]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: JOETHECROW

People seem to dig a lot of these out of privys!...Why is that? Were the chickens using the durn privy too? Here's my first privy dug "laying egg".

53BE9256817940878111BC22EB298313.jpg

I found one in the last pit to.I think they used them as "mock" eggs for the chickens.I forget what they said the reason was.But that's what I remember. Nice goin on the pits.Your hooked on use - layer now right?? [8D]

madman

Reaction score
best of luck guys! those holes should yield some great bottles!

RedGinger

Reaction score
Thank, guys. We got some great videos today and pictures. I left early. Fred is so considerate and digs at his own pace. The other two are lost in their own world. We had an excavator friend of Tom's, who presumably tore down the one house, come in and scoop it down to the privy. They have all found some nice stuff.

I have a hole going, and I can see the wood lining. It's very hard for me to get the dirt out. Tome helped me to get the hole started. I will have to perservere on this one. I found some buttons and a nice stopper, but I'm not down to the use layer yet, just barely 3 or 4 feet. I wish I could call in a privy expert, just to instruct me a little more.

More pictures and some neat video coming. Thank you for all of the nice comments and advice, guys. I think about your words when I am probing and digging.

#1twin

Reaction score
Hey Joe, Laurin, Tom, & Mr. Fred, Thanks for sharing the nice vids and pics. Can't wait to see more. Best of luck to you all[:)]

Marvin

RedGinger

Reaction score
Rick has a youtube site. I'm friends with him on there, so you can find his site that way. His probing video should be on there. It helped me to learn what the heck I'm doing! lol

CazDigger

Reaction score
I can't wait to see what you guys find. I have to warn you, if you turn up some good bottles in a privy, you won't want to go back to scouring the countryside for dumps. lol. GOOD LUCK!
Mark

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandaward