Assateague Island

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hed11877

Reaction score
Hello all, its been a while since I posted but I still lurk. I'm going camping at Assateague Island MD next weekend and I know theres a lot of history there. I was wondering if any of you been there before and better yet found and bottles or antique abandoned items?

KBbottles

Reaction score
I've been there a couple times before! Beautiful island. Never found anything, but didn't really look. Not sure if metal detecting is legal there or if it's not, if the rule's are enforced, but if my memory serves me, I think there has been finds of some old spanish silver, etc.. from old shipwrecks that have washed up before.

privvydigger

Reaction score
metal detecting or any treasure hunting is not permitted on the island. my dad and i found out metal detecting for spanish gold coins after a storm.
reason is just go to the museum and look what they find washed up on shore

hed11877

Reaction score
oh well, I'm still gonna do some snooping aroung the early 1800's light house lol

PrivyCheese

Reaction score
Been there many....many times. The island is a state park, so No metal detecting allowed....same goes for digging. There isnt whole lot there....I mean it has a great beach and I have been camping there many times. But as far as houses ect. are concerned...your not going to see them...of course except the light house. Watch for the horse "poop"....LOL As you might know wild horses run all over the island.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
even worse , the island is National Seashore Park, I think same restrictions as digging in federal parks, bad juju...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorginaAc