Attack of the Archies or how to prepare for the coming assault of our right to dig!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CreekWalker

Reaction score
I believe the assault on our hobby will begin soon. I also believe we diggers will be prohibited in the coming years from digging private property even with landowners permission. THe archies are state, federal and local contractors, or employees who can stop private construction now. If a artifact is discovered during the clearing and grubbing, or excavation phase of any construction job. This can happen to us! The hunters and gun owners have Ducks unlimited and the NRA, motorcylists have the AMA, perhaps it's is time to begin discussion within the two top National bottle clubs and bottle forums members, about what we have now, as diggers, and what we need to maintain to continue our hobby. We need a catchy name possibly. Something groundbreaking perhaps. FTDF: Freedom to Dig Foundation. Or TFFRRR: The Foundation for Responsbile Relic Recovery. AGBRELD: Association of Glass, Botlle and Relic Excavators Legal Defence. Our right to freely dig may soon to trampled upon by jealous radical archies armed with the help of the enviro-nuts. As in my state the historical wing of archies is now under the Clean Water, Enviromental, Conservation Dept.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
[8D][:mad:] Oregon has already gone that route coupla years ago, we should do something soon, but i dont know in all seriousness what. The national bottle organizations dont seem to care...........

appliedlips

Reaction score
Personal responsibility is the only answer I see. As long as guys are willing to go on T.V., or use other media to promote themselves or treasure, the archies will have something to attack. Metal detectorists, and native artifiact hunters have been promoting their treasure finds for years and complaining about the other side. Those hobbies are much more regulated and states with civil war relics. We should be boycotting ignorant T.V. shows and magazines and websites that promote digging for cash. That would be a start in my opinion. We cant change the Archeologists opinions but we can change ours.

CreekWalker

Reaction score
Well, said! Like the hunters and the bikers, in which I am both we must police ourselves. The rules of the national bottle clubs are great examples to follow. One organization that inspires me and is a model to regulate our on ranks is the NFATCA, National Firearms Act Trade and Collectors Association. Which is the organization that works with the mighty BATF or ATF to regulate the collecting, building, import and storage of military grade weapons of the past and present. In other words machine guns, the semi auto versions of fully auto firearms and WW1-WW2 era semi autos, etc. With weapons imports banned overseas and here, every other administation. The weapons collectors and dealers saw their hobby and livelihood destroyed by a few alarmist politicians. Our hobby is not protected under the second amendment, or any constitutional mandate. However neither is the priviledge to drive, to hunt, or dig gold etc. If our pursuit of happiness is this hobby, collecting ,digging bottles and relics, bottle shows, then we need to began to mull what can happen if we are regulated without representation. And then discuss it among ourselves. Remember also the present relics laws Great Britain implimented , not a bad system or the british ban on personal ownership of firearms, a very bad system of laws. We must be proactive somehow, or you will lost another privilage, in a supposely free country!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1