Oh boy,Look out for the weekend..A Snowcane is coming

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Oldihtractor

Reaction score
And Last !!!!!! This is me bidding on this!!!! does it look familiar.... http://www.ebay.com/itm/230871093197?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1431.l2649 I wont be bidding it up any higher now and if I do win it, I will take my time in paying you!!!
Thanks for stopping in John you showed a lot of good character and CLASS.

BY the way don't threaten .. i did you the favor and canceled your bids abd added you to my blocked bidder list.. Thanks John Oh sorry I ruffled your feathers.....

Plumbata

Reaction score
Christ Almighty...[&o]

If at all, we should only be ganging up on people who deserve it, but both John and Steve are fine individuals and it really pains me to see petty stuff like this go down between good people.

Too late now I guess. Best wishes to ya both.

bostaurus

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Plumbata

Christ Almighty...[&o]

If at all, we should only be ganging up on people who deserve it, but both John and Steve are fine individuals and it really pains me to see petty stuff like this go down between good people.

I wish there was a "like" button I could push!
Maybe they put something in the water in Jersey.

epackage

Reaction score
[&o]....Hoping that John and Steve are both safe and sound, they were right in the heart of this, time may or may not help them both get over what was said. I have faith it will and I hope I'm right, they're both upstanding men of character from my dealings with them, and I think that will help in the long run...

Say a prayer for all of those still affected by the devistation and thanks for all your kind words and thoughts...

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
A lot of tree damage on the property Jim,missing shingles and two feet of water in the basement when the sump pumps failed.Today is clean-up day and that is where I am heading now.

ORIGINAL: bostaurus

ORIGINAL: Plumbata

Christ Almighty...[&o]

I wish there was a "like" button I could push!
Maybe they put something in the water in Jersey.
Yeah the same (theys) put US IN the water Melinda this time!![:mad:] Stephen Plumbata your maturity is starting to show through with the years going by, your twang is greying at the temples

I just want to say a few things about the way this post deteriorated at the end. First if your as upset with someone as John was with myself couldn't he at least have sent a private message first with his concern instead of twisting my wordage to what he thought I meant. Being accused of what he stated is not a nice thing given the environment in my state right now. Lots of damage at my house and neighborhood but nothing that cant be rebuilt in a short time the real trouble is down along and up and down the coast.I lost power that night while John posted what he did,I quick posted a response,when I regained power briefly before it went out a second time. It was not restored until yesterday afternoon.

I am nothing more then a part time weather person AT BEST interested in the phenomenon called the weather because it is the greatest force on our planet we know of as we have just witnessed.I post this stuff on this forum not to beat my chest but to forewarn and make aware that an impending disaster IS IN the making. My forecast was what it was from the beginning never wavering I told all of you just how dangerous this was going to be and although some of you thought I was exaggerating the damage that could occur with this type of storm ( I think it was met by deaf ears on some peoples parts ) in the end I was not to far off in my assessment.I knew when the storm began accelerating that the surge was going to be huge and devastating. It was at that point knowing what I knew was imminent and was literally about to occur I stated batten down the hatches boys the show is about to begin. The words were spontaneous not meant as John perceived them as joy on my part with the destruction about to take place but a shout into cyberspace a warning to all 5 of you that were following this post. Because this is a family based forum I didn't yell here it F___in COMES!!!

I gave updates that most of you probably could have cared less about and have showed you weather resources I am familiar with that most of you would have never found on your own. I don't know what any of you at this forum are truly passionate about other then bottles but once I pick up a scent I am relentless in finding the truth on any subject matter and I am never satisfied or content and always challenging myself and my theory's.

I know there was a point in the post when I stated the following Hey Chuck Cyber, how do 30 to 35 foot waves coming over the protective barrier near the Stone Pony in Asbury Park sound... Maybe Springsteen will have to pen a new song when this one is over!! That is the prediction right now for the possibility of 35 foot tall waves coming on shore near your area from Northern Long Beach Island up to the Shark hills. That is as tall as the utility poles for Gods sake, if that happens the board walks in these communities are no more. Cape May to Southern Long Beach Island same thing, 30 to 35 foot tall waves at the time of the land fall of the eye wall and a 5 to 10 foot surge of the ocean across the barrier Islands....total devastation and Annihilation of the Board walks,homes,beaches everything. This is starting to sound like our version of Andrew and Katrina. And Chuck said humorously "Don't bury yourself in the part, Steve"

I am sorry for calling Olditractor John an Idiot on a public forum,but that is all I am apologizing for because that is the only part deserving of an apology on my part. What he accused me of is not to cool and him stating sorry for ruffling my feathers doesnt cut it and most of you might have responded back at him for the same reason I did. At the end of the day it is my own fault in that this forum has shown it cant be civil on just about any matter. Look at how getting the Brick at Fenway for a member at this forum went back and forth last year. You guys and girls can have this Chat section to yourselves this is my last contribution to this particular piece of the ABN forum its just not fun,gratifying or worth the time and effort any longer.

epackage

Reaction score
Good to hear you're safe and sound, I'm hoping the same for John and everyone else, material items can be fixed and replaced. The other stuff will work itself out over time....

If you need a hand with anything and I can help please feel free to ask, I may be headed down to Manahawkin depending on what I hear from my aunt & uncle. I have a van and every tool known to man, so I can help with alot of different things. Talk to you soon...Be safe

Plumbata

Reaction score
Bah... [:(]

Steve, you are a talented individual in many respects, but you are also extroverted (focused upon the input of others, and social stimulation in general) to a far greater extent than myself, with me being an introvert (more internally focused). I've said mean things, and had double-fold shoved right back at me in the past, but emotional wounds heal and life goes on.

I have a feeling that John is an introvert as well, and may take the lighthearted words of others to heart as if they were far more seriously negative (or positive) comments than intended, and thus have those words wound his "heart and soul" when no such intention was in mind by the speaker. Regardless of the intention of the author/speaker; perception is 90% of the truth though (legally speaking).

I am convinced that you had everyone's best wishes at heart Steve, and nothing else. John; also a good man, may have already been emotionally pained by the impending disaster before you said much of anything about it. If memory serves, he opened a sort of "farmer's market" on his land which was stocked by the vegetables and fruits he had nurtured by hand from seedlings and saplings. Your comments weren't negative in my mind, but for good and unique people like him, obviously they held highly-charged connotations that you didn't intend. I don't make my living off the land, nor am I a traditional christian, so I have no idea what those words meant to him at the core. They didn't bother me (not until things got nasty between you 2) but they didn't seem overly off-key, generally speaking.

I didn't consider anything you said to be callous or cruel Steve, not by any means, but a faithful man of the earth like John may have read into your words and understood and felt them very differently. I think that his criticism of you; the first one which I and a few others rushed towards in an attempt to resolve, came from the pain and suffering he felt in the heart and not from any objectively justified, impersonal and lifeless observational intellectual standpoint, as I often like to use. Not to say that he isn't an intelligent person, not by any means, but his words seemed heavily weighted with deep feeling; feeling perhaps not immediately apparent to an extrovert, and as such you Steve responded as you would to a fellow extrovert. A party-going Jersey-boy would brush it off and take it in stride, but a deep man like John can't be reacted to in such a manner. He may be a man of few words but dammit, his words often convey a "depth" that paragraphs of my own can't convey.

Anyway... I don't think that either of you are objectively "right", but you both are great people in your own respects and deserve the careful consideration that is due. Don't let silly crap like this divide you, and as a result deprive this community of 2 special and valuable and unique perspectives. It would be a great loss for everyone involved, including both of you guys as well; John and Steve.

Words are words and can be effaced with a backspace or an eraser, but deep sentiment is something we carry with us wherever we go. I have faith that both of you great fellows will "come to terms" and set this foolishness behind ya. I hope so, anyway.

May the forces that be bless you both and help you guys find the peace and happiness that we all strive for. [:)]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28