Auburn Show

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ktbi

Reaction score
Hi Mike...must be thinking of someone else, Looking forward to seeing you then though....Ron

caldigs

Reaction score
I'll be there with the few other 'under 30' CA diggers/collectors.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Don't forget, tomorrow is set up day. 140+ tables to sold. Should be interesting.

caldigs

Reaction score
Didn't see too many killer bottles. Pretty disappointing overall and frustrating to see mostly damaged 'heavies' being offered. Collectors just don't sell killer bottles !

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
What exactly IS a "killer bottle"? I managed to get $4XXX. for a few decent pieces. Mint bottles were everywhere, but not always on the table tops. Nobody wants to lose a high dollar hunk of glass to a neophyte's poor handling.

caldigs

Reaction score
Well, I guess killer would be green western 5ths, colored western squares, mint and non-tumbled sodas. I am sure I missed a killer bottle or two, but for the most part collectors always seem to be selling the second rate damaged or repaired bottles with the hope that a neophyte won't know the difference. I guess in the end I can't blame them because every mint bottle I dig goes straight on my shelf where its going to stay for quite some time ! You need to get lucky and find someone that is in a desperate situation and needs to sell bottles to make a house payment. Then you'll score !!!

What I remember seeing (for sale):

Green IXL
Green JF Cutter
Chevalier Flask
Jesse-Moore Flask

BittersMax

Reaction score
Wow, what a GREAT show ! I've done bottle shows for decades and don't think I've ever seen a show as packed full of people and nice bottles as this one was. There's no recession here when it comes to collecting and selling bottles. Many of the key pieces I brought were sold within minutes of hitting the table. I was also able to pick up a few exceptional items. Great displays too, I really liked the ladies leg one with all the choice examples. There was also a display of some KILLER rarely seen Western 5ths on an advanced collectors sales table that really tripped my trigger, thank you for sharing those M. As usual the thief's targeted this show stealing bottles off tables during set-up. My how I'd love to catch one of these guys and administer my own form of Old West justice on one of these inbreds. Many thanks to the 49er club who did an outstanding job on organizing this event.

caldigs

Reaction score
You're right about that aspect, it was a fun show that was organized and run great.

NorCalBottleHunter

Reaction score
BITTERSMAX, you were there also? how far did you come? i myself thought it was an awsome show, met a few people that are from the form here, bought some bottles, picked up green flask i didnt have. but whats this about people stealing off tables?even though i am not surprised i guess i am surprised

Wilkie

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: CALDIGR2

Yes, I have a table in the upper building, on the far south end of the room. In other words, if you come in the front door, I'll be way down at the end, to your right.
Where you the one with the table directly in front of the roll up door?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide