Back In Blacktop Halloween Dig

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: CALDIGR2

After a day of running a cat and a sheepsfoot over our pit they cleared out at 3 PM. Soooo, we hit the pit. It was tough going the first foot, but we persevered, boosted by the hope of 1860s glass. WRONG!! it was a bleeping Celestial pit. That's right, the Chinese kiss of death. The only things whole were a couple of bean pots and a crude Ayers. Shee-itt!! Once we ID'd the pit as Chinese I wanted to stop and fillitin. Nothing ever comes from urban pits where they resided except smashed glass. How can a cobalt soda and a couple of big John Bulls be turned into pieces so small that they were barely identifiable? Aaargghh.

Yeah man I hear you.It is never what you dream it's going to be.but one day it might happen just the way we dream it ..Thats why we dig.[:D]

rwcw1040

Reaction score
Rick, great video. How do you dig a test pit that deep and that small in circumference, do you use a lineman's shovel, a post hole digger? Thanks again. Southern Ohio Digger.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: rwcw1040

Rick, great video. How do you dig a test pit that deep and that small in circumference, do you use a lineman's shovel, a post hole digger? Thanks again. Southern Ohio Digger.

None of the above RW,we use a reg shovel.My buddy Paul has that nack to get that deep in a small hole.I can only go so far my back would drop out[:D]

Stardust

Reaction score
Thanks for all the pics, video, and humor on this Halloween Dig. It was very interesting and entertaining.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28