BACK TO THE COAL MINES TODAY. NOT MUCH COAL BUT WE DID FIND SOME GLASS.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
BenTheDigger said:
Well I found the link to the sanborn map but I cant access it. Here is the link http://www.loc.gov/item/sanborn00535_001/.-Ben

I never used a sanborn map once to find privy's. I just go to an old part of town. (Try and get permission) then prob the property line in the yard. You will be looking for the (out house holes) not the outhouse building.The buildings are long gone but the holes and the goodies in them are still there. Some people like sanborns I never had to use them.Every bottle on my web site was dug with out sanborns. The only time I looked at a S map would be to look at a huge area around where I was digging. Not to locate pits.

BenTheDigger

Reaction score
Ok I will check out your website thanks!! Sadly where I live its not very old established in 1930's. But I do know of a house that people lived in, in the 1860's. The house has been demolished and its now just a clearing. The address is 10 Olema Rd Fairfax ca. My house was also built in the early 40's people were people still using privy's then?Thanks,Ben Larsen

hemihampton

Reaction score
I found my last 2 privies the way Rick did. We had the Sanborn Maps but the 2 I found were not on there anyway. They have helped us in the past though. LEON.

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75