Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Backyard Dig

rpinkham

Dec 16, 2011
North Delaware
There had to be something buried around my house and we finally found a good place to dig. Been here about two years and dug a couple of test holes that turned up nothing. Philajdh was fooling around with my newly acquired metal detector when it went crazy about twenty steps from the back door.

Attachments

rpinkham

Dec 16, 2011
North Delaware
Dug further and found 1930/40's household stuff again. Below that was a screw top wine and no deposit beer! So we are wondering...you know...what the heck? If it was dug, why were these bottle left behind? They arent really remarkable but why were they between layers like that?

Attachments

rpinkham

Dec 16, 2011
North Delaware
No walls have been found so we will be expanding the hole when the rain quits. Will add more photos as they come along. Any thoughts would appreciated!

hemihampton

Oct 6, 2006
Looks like good stuff to me, I like any blobtops. How old is your house or what year was it built? LEON.

2find4me

Feb 28, 2012
I wish I had a house like that, with bottles right behind the back door! Nice finds

hemihampton

Oct 6, 2006
Then you should have some good old Privies around somewhere. Strart probing. Good Luck. LEON.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mfoote85