Bad luck or good??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

olddump

Reaction score
Yesterday I take a girl out digging with me start the hole for her and before i get a shovel in the dirt she says I have a couple here and pops out with a real nice UDOLPHO WOLFE. About three years ago I take a kid with me [never been before] and do the same thing except he finds a very rare local bottle and he dos'nt dig another bottle since [;)]
I get the feeling I'm a hourse shoe or rabbits foot. I'm just venting but does anyone have any similar stories? I need company[:D]
In a huff, Tom, Olddump
P.S. Norm it looks good for the new forum[;)]

BottleDig1

Reaction score
I think that was very sneaky. [:mad:] I mean, if i'm gonna dig with someone, I'm not going to dig in his hole when he's not there. By gosh I'll dig my own.

olddump

Reaction score
The girl is my partner and I always start her digs for her [just too hard for her] and she gets so excited it's neat and it was worth seeing her get a good bottle and she is hooked real good[:D]
The kid on the otherhand dug for 15min. then never again and found a bott that we only know two others [it's a local blown crown soda]. It was up to 300 before we left the dump that day[there were a few local collectors digging there] and I'm not sure if he still has it or not. After saying all that I love to take people out for thier first time and contiue to do so. That will be great until one of them finds the SEAWORTH BITTERS I have been searching for then I think the thrill will be gone[:D]
Tom, Olddump

leebran20

Reaction score
wow. amazingly similar story to share: About 2 1/2 weeks ago I found a new spot, one which definitely took some research and effort on my part. Found a couple embossed milks that first day and realized the general potential with some of the broken and common blown stuff. Four days later I decided to take a friend who's relatively new to the hobby along; we've probably gone together maybe about 10-15 times total to different spots. He pulled out a local blown crown top of which there are less than five known. It's caused quite a furor in the local bottle collecting community, and of course generated offers, including one of $800 and another of 10 local sodas in trade. While of course I would have been happy to find the bottle myself, this guy is becoming a better friend and he hadn't found anything in a while -- so guess the bottom line is I'm very happy for him.

Brandon

olddump

Reaction score
Hey guys these are great stories it's a shame we're all spread out so much as this has the makings of a really good barbeque in the summer[:D].I missed the last show in southern New Jersey in fact I've never made any of the big ones. It must be a great gathering of information. It's good to know I'm not alone with this particular story. Thanks guys
Tom, Olddump

drjhostetters

Reaction score
Hey Tom olddump....

You brought up a very interesting subject..I live in Eastern Oregon (pronounced..."Or gun"[;)])....and all you people seem to be on the East Coast or over on that big continent where it is tomorrow already..(snicker snicker) or across the big puddle...are there any West Coast bottle hunters/collectors/diggers?????

Just feeling lonesome over here in God's Country...

DRJ

P.S. I haven't found a keeper in several years...except at local swap meets, yard sales and second hand stores...not that I haven't looked...just gotta be in the right place at the right time with the right people I guess..when you coming over this way on vacation?[:)]

baltbottles

Reaction score
Hey Slimdigger,

I like your system for dividing up your digging finds its almost exactly like the one me and my digging parthers use. Its worked great for us.

Chris

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28