Baltimore Torpedo Dug

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

crozet86

Reaction score
Hi,
Found a interesting bottle this morning in a very old va. dump.It says "W.M. Russell
on one side and BALT." on the other side. This is a torpedo style bottle maybe even a tenpin,yellowish aqua i would say.It has a sloped collar top and very crude.I will be posting pic as soon as possible.I f anyone has any info i would appreciate the help,ty.

Pontiled

Reaction score
Great digging! The Wm Russell soda is a goodie! We've also had the squat soda in green, with a pontil mark. What else did you find?

crozet86

Reaction score
hey mike,
I also found a Little's White oil from scottsville,va. But, it does have a hairline crack but still displays very good.I ve only dug 2 of these and from my understanding they are quite rare.I just moved back to north garden va. which is only 15 mins. from charlottesville and 15 mins. from scottsville where i found this dumpsite. Also, have found lots of neat pontiled shards of various colors. Heading back there saturday.

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hey Eddie,
baltbottles (Chris) would be able to pinpoint and ID your torpedo best. It is listed as Rare, of course, in The Baltimore Bottle Book. The link below is one that sold a little while ago on eBay, although not the same, but about the same age and rarity.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1350&item=6125189614&rd=1

A Little's White Oil from Richmond, Va. ended today on eBay (sorry no link for you) and went for $200+ with a smooth base, I think. The OP variation from Scottsville, Va. (where I was married) has sold for over $700 before, less than a year ago.

Great finds --- You gotta stop teasing me!

Call me if your ever overwhelmed with a site and need help moving dirt or if the dozers are busting up stuff and you need backup.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem