Basic bottle cleaning

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Sweet Morbious. I'm glad it worked. Hopefully, your copper came through cleanly as well. The copper can be used for a very long time.

glass man

Reaction score
WILL BB"S WORK? MAY BE TWO ABRASIVE AND NOT AS SOFT. THE DENTURE CURE DID NOTHING AS FAR AS I COULD TELL AND PUT TWO TABS AND LEFT IT OVER NIGHT.

morbious_fod

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: blobbottlebob

Sweet Morbious. I'm glad it worked. Hopefully, your copper came through cleanly as well. The copper can be used for a very long time.

Amazingly enough they appear to have come through it ok. The Pocahonta, va Spur didn't come completely clean; however, that white stain line is very much muted, which is better by far.

beendiggin

Reaction score
I've always had pretty good luck with BB's and Cascade or some other granulated detergent, but I recently cut up some copper wire and it does work well. One piece of advice, I have broken the thin shoulders out of some bottles....so be careful with the weight of the copper mixture and the shaking action. Generally it is a really effective and simple method to clean the inside of almost any bottle. Great post! This forum is a great resource .

ncbred

Reaction score
Thanks very much for sharing this!!!

CreekWalker

Reaction score
Thanks very much!, that's the kind of pertinent info , we newby bottle cleaners need. I have a thirty year accumalation of bottles. The collection is as clean a condition as a good soaking in soapy water ,plus bleach can get, still many of them are hopelessly inside stained , although outwardly very clean. Some of the bottles are in need of this kind of cleaning. Rick

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Rick (and everyone else that has replied),
Nice to see that this is helping at least some collectors get their glass sparkling. Somebody should post another before / after shot. Maybe I will when I get the chance.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I shake cat litter or salt inside bottles that arnt to badly stained in side,But thats a once and done method.I am going to have to try the copper bits.Its like a poor mans tumbler [:D]

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1