Beach Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ncdellwood

Reaction score
Hello & Happy New Year!

Asking for identification or information, please.

I'm not a bottle collector.. yet.

When this bottle floated right to my feet at the beach on Saturday it made me curious.

I took it home and started trying to learn about it.

So far, All I know is the obvious bits: "4/5 pint" is written along the sides at the bottom of the bottle and it has the number 7851, & what I think is an Anchor Hocking symbol, & the number 7 and the number 10 all on the bottom.

Here are a few photos that hopefully will allow the bottle to be identified.

Thank you for any info and assistance!

Attachments

• WIN_20191230_19_06_35_Pro (2).jpg
    WIN_20191230_19_06_35_Pro (2).jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 193
  • WIN_20191230_19_07_19_Pro (3).jpg
    WIN_20191230_19_07_19_Pro (3).jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 213
  • WIN_20191230_19_08_07_Pro (2).jpg
    WIN_20191230_19_08_07_Pro (2).jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 197
  • WIN_20191230_19_20_10_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20191230_19_20_10_Pro.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 178

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
Sounds like you're doing your research.
While it is fairly modern (under 50 years old) and seems to be liquor-related by cap type and that it lists its content by pint, I'm not familiar with this particular design and would hazard a guess for age at 30 to 40 years.

ncdellwood

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
Sounds like you're doing your research.
While it is fairly modern (under 50 years old) and seems to be liquor-related by cap type and that it lists its content by pint, I'm not familiar with this particular design and would hazard a guess for age at 30 to 40 years.

Wow.
If this bottle has been at sea for 30 years, that's pretty cool.
I went to the Anchor Hocking website and found they have a customer service email address so I'm going to see if I can get a response there. Maybe they can say if it was made by them and maybe have more information.
Thanks so much for responding, I really appreciate your input!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Reminds me a bit of the Japanese bottles we used to find on the west coast, though if it's got the Anchor Hocking logo on it I assume it's not one of those.

ncdellwood

Reaction score
Reminds me a bit of the Japanese bottles we used to find on the west coast, though if it's got the Anchor Hocking logo on it I assume it's not one of those.
Thanks so much! I'm quite possibly wrong regarding the Anchor Hocking symbol. It's really faint on the bottle and so far a photo of it has not worked.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Now that I think about it more, it does have a shape and design some modern Saki bottles still use. Saki is a Japanese rice wine. It's commonly sold in America, so Canadian Bottle's comment makes me wonder if it's quite possible that it's an early attempt to lend cultural appreciation to a popular foreign drink as marketed in the U.S.

ncdellwood

Reaction score
Now that I think about it more, it does have a shape and design some modern Saki bottles still use. Saki is a Japanese rice wine. It's commonly sold in America, so Canadian Bottle's comment makes me wonder if it's quite possible that it's an early attempt to lend cultural appreciation to a popular foreign drink as marketed in the U.S.

So it's possible that back in the 70s:
some folks took a sailboat out to sea
and drank sake.
till they couldn't see
then dumped their sake
off for me.
Or is all of that a little to silly?

Thank you, again, for the reply! I'm not sure what to google regarding this. I am having fun with it though, thanks for that!!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
So it's possible that back in the 70s:
some folks took a sailboat out to sea
and drank sake.
till they couldn't see
then dumped their sake
off for me.
Or is all of that a little to silly?

Thank you, again, for the reply! I'm not sure what to google regarding this. I am having fun with it though, thanks for that!!

That could be so, but as a kit (baby raccoon) I had a toy boat. The waves took it beyond my reach and pulled it out into the lake where I never saw it again. Waves pull things out even as they push things in. It might have been on a ship or left for the tides.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem