Been a while

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Brandons Bottles

Reaction score
It's been a while since I posted, but I finally got some new bottles. First is an "Eno's Fruit Salt" for $2. I got this because I liked the name and the top was interesting, mainly because the seam doesn't extend through and... yeah, that was mainly it.[:D]
002-26.jpg

I also got a round bottom "Ross's Belfast" for $6 in near mint, mainly for the sake of having a round bottom bottle.
003-25.jpg

004-21.jpg

Last, I got a near mint Hayes Bros. 24 ounce bottle for $12. It's from Chicago, so I like it.[:D]
005-15.jpg

russo

Reaction score
very cool, i love bottles with "odd" contents like that fruit salt

Brandons Bottles

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: russo

very cool, i love bottles with "odd" contents like that fruit salt

I think they still make it too. All it was was salt that tasted like fruit. [&:]

wolffbp

Reaction score
Eno is the most global of Glaxo Smith Kline's gastrointestinal products. The fast-acting effervescent fruit salts, used as an antacid and reliever of bloatedness, was invented in the 1850s by James Crossley Eno (1827-1915). It has sales of nearly £30 million, with its major markets being Spain, India, Brazil, South Africa, Malaysia and Thailand. It is frequently used as a substitute for baking powder.
Eno Tagline: "Gets to work in 6 seconds"

076545FDC92549BFA0AD6D4F714E8976.jpg

Attachments

• 076545FDC92549BFA0AD6D4F714E8976.jpg
    076545FDC92549BFA0AD6D4F714E8976.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 97

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Brandons Bottles

It's been a while since I posted, but I finally got some new bottles. First is an "Eno's Fruit Salt" for $2. I got this because I liked the name and the top was interesting, mainly because the seam doesn't extend through and... yeah, that was mainly it.[:D]
I'll double your money and give you $4...[8D]

Brandons Bottles

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

ORIGINAL: Brandons Bottles

I'll double your money and give you $4...[8D]

naaaaaah... I think I'll keep it. [;)] I like having bottles where the companies are still in bussiness, but I've never heard of the before. The contents were supposed to have a citrus flavor, too.

SAbottles

Reaction score
Hi Brandon, the whole story behind J. C. Eno and his "Fruit Salts" is an interesting one & well worth looking up. He was quite a philanthropist as well & used his money to do a lot of good.
One of the first bottles I dug was a "J C Eno's Effervescing Fruit Salts" - this was the early version. Thinking they were fairly common, I sold it at my stall. It took me 18 years to find another one !

Brandons Bottles

Reaction score
Thanks. I read about Eno a little bit. I found some recipes that involves fruit salt of some kind. Might I ask what your first Eno's sold for?

Plumbata

Reaction score
Nice pick-ups, that Eno's has an attractive profile to it. Hope you find some more collection goodies soon!

Staff online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigJayKay