blue/green l.deegan blob ( info please).

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

anj2006

Reaction score
is a nice pic of the l.deegan in natural light 2015-12-20_13-14-33_825.jpg

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Hey, anj

How did the "meeting" go? Did you take notes?

Bob

anj2006

Reaction score
Actually i was surprised !!! He basically told me the same thing he did on the phone!!! I thought he was going ti offer more then he did. I guess i just got my expectations up. We shared some digging stories, and sime experiences, taught me a few things. And told me some good places to dig!! Man spring cant come soon enough!!!the l.deegan is what you said 1860-1865! He

anj2006

Reaction score
Said there is only 7 including mine. But this is the exciting part only two that are my color!!!!! Its worth is about $650-$850. And he wanted it!!! New he did as soon as he seen it. BUT,,,,, i kept it!!! I will not likely get a rarer one ever!!

anj2006

Reaction score
There is a rarer one, he said it is blue, and guess what he has it!!! He wants me to come to his house to show me his collection . He stated he has over twenty l. Deegans! His collection. Consists of over 1700 bottles. Nice.and thats just the pottsville bottles. He said he has a totle of 5000 + bottles. He has been digging an collecting for 50 years.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
anj

Thanks for the follow up. I can imagine your excitement. I suspect there are very few bottle collectors who can say they have one of only two known examples of a particular bottle.

Congratulations!

anj2006

Reaction score
Thank you for your knowledge and commitment to this hobby! I will probably ne paver get a rarer bottle! It was shit luck pardon the lingo! I was not even going to go look at that house! Just think all the digging i, hell everybody in this hobby does to find that one! And i find it in a basement of a house that was being ripped down. Whats the chance of that??????? All i know is FREAKIN SWEET!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anj2006

Reaction score
Sorry people had to split quick! Like mr. Fritz said be for the l.deegan is a converted mold from the f.deegan, thats interesting! He said almost all the l. Deegan bottles are from converted molds! Whats that all about? His display is unbelievable. I am going to ask him if i can post the pics of his display,,, hopefully he will say yes, i dont see why not!! His den looks like a museum the light is perfect ! I was very impressed with the pictures he showed me. There is versions from Ireland, in the j.deegan form i would love to see them.the house that l.deegan lived still stands. He said he cant dig anymore because of health reasons, so of course i chirped up and said i would do the digging just point me in the right direction!!! He laughed and said he would think about it, like its a secret only he needs to know and nobody else!!! Boy old time diggers are finicky fellows, lol!!!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26