Blue pontiled ink found in NY

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PhilaBottles

Reaction score
thanks for the pics stonebottle. it really gives people an idea of the true color when we are not holding it. Harrisons Columbia Ink used a similar mold but not the exact same one. The unembossed variation is a bit rarer. As discussed among my fellow diggers, we think it is NJ or NY made. but thats a theory.

Matt.

stonebottle

Reaction score
Thanks Philabottles. Any idea on value? I am not hooked on what something is worth, but would like to know for possible future trade value. Also, here is an ebay picture of a "CPC" ink like my brother found. This is not a great picture, his is definately aqua, but at least this gives you an idea. Sorry to get off-topic but I would like to give my bro. an idea on his "CPC" ink also. Thanks for all your help.

9F54238E94B0445C9EBECD2892E885CA.jpg

Attachments

• 9F54238E94B0445C9EBECD2892E885CA.jpg
    9F54238E94B0445C9EBECD2892E885CA.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 63

otgb

Reaction score
Hi stonebottles
CPC is a perfume not an ink they come in all different colors.if i remember right it is colgate perfume company

PhilaBottles

Reaction score
never dug or noticed CPC inks before. thats a new one for me.

never be afraid to say that you want to know the value. your ink is worth $350-$500 free of damage. In about ten years you'll regret getting rid of it unless you do trade for something that will increase in value the same. values keep our hobby alive. there is a chance that someone will dig a hole filled with that ink in that mold and there is a chance there wont be anymore dug for 20 years. those are the types of things that determine value.

Matt.

otgb

Reaction score
i thought they were inks to but i dug one last spring with the atomizer still attached it had cpc on the brass part. i gave it to a friend
next time i talk to him i will get him to take a picture of it.we dig them here in cobalt and teal green

amblypygi

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: otgb

i thought they were inks to but i dug one last spring with the atomizer still attached ...

I dunno; there's pretty strong evidence that these are inks. Covill 156-159 have the same embossing and three of those are labeled as fountain pen ink. He also lists 2 master inks (C-831 and C-832) that are the same design and too big to be perfumes. Are you sure it's an atomizer? Was the glass part identical to these CPC bottles? Another good mystery!

Sean

otgb

Reaction score
sean the bottles we dig are the same we dig them in two size's but i have not dug them in aqua mostly teal green and the odd cobalt one
nobody seems to want to pay to much for them so when we dig i dont take them in the pick

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973