Bog Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GEORGIE7

Reaction score
I live in the West of Ireland where we cut turf each Summer and have been finding lovely bottle for years, Unsure what to do with them I filled them with coloured liquids and used them as decorations. I have three lovely ones here the first is a narrow syrup bottle with "California syrup co Sterling products inc successor" and "Calif" on either side. The second one is about 2 and a half inches high and has "Cheesborough MFC co Vaseline" on the front. The third is a lovely round bottle with writing only on the bottom " Mabie and Todd Co London" and a lovely raised swan picture. Are these old or of any interest?? Thanks

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Try posting this in General Chat bottles, or What is it? After 1900 and include pictures of the bottles. That's where you'll likely find some help.

mctaggart67

Reaction score
I'm curious to see pics, too. I'm also curious to know how the acidic nature of the peat bogs affects the glass. By the way, I lived in Dublin, Ireland for 5 years in the early 2000s! Up the Dubs!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
The first two are pretty common, the third I've never heard of. I'd have to see a picture to tell you anything about that one. Also, interesting to see that people find some of the same bottles in Ireland as we do over here! Do you ever find any stoneware? There's a lot of that in the British Isles, and that tends to be the most collectible thing people dig from the latter half of the 19th and early 20th centuries over there.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Except for the early handysides cure bottles Diceys elixirs, Dalbys carminative, Patent candle co, and a whole raft of great looking beer or ale, soda bottles with Griffiths, Lions, Birds, Dogs, buildings, monuments and so forth embossed into some of the greatest glass colors done..............

GEORGIE7

Reaction score
For some reason I can't upload the photos at the moment, will work on it and try later. I also found some clay pipes white with the number 43 written on both.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
If you're on a phone, I cannot help you. If you're on a computer, then at the top left of your typing reply box, it says "Quick Reply: (Open Full Version)" Click "(Open full Version)" and near the upper right is a photograph icon. Click it--it has a tree and a round sun. It's between a paper and a paper clip icon. Then click "From Gallery/Upload" and "Upload Images From Your Computer" and go select your files. You can select up to three for each post. I hope this helps.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen