BOISNOT NEW YORK?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

swizzle

Reaction score
One more rescue pic. Jason

Yw67333.jpg

Attachments

• Yw67333.jpg
    Yw67333.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 42

swizzle

Reaction score
Found a dead end, at least I think it's a dead end? Hopefully its a start on finding more info on the man behind the bottle. I found In the University Of Pennsylvania's Medical Dept. of Matriculants, 1806-1852, Addendum 1853, 1857, 1860. There is a listing for a Jas M. Boisnot from Six Mile Run, N.J. and he attended the university in 1857. What's the chance that this guy studied medicine for a while and then moved to New York where he marketed his own medicine in a pretty cobalt blue bottle that I dug 120 years after it was disgarded in the 1880's give or take 10 years of course. I was also curious as to what makes a potentially rare bottle valuable? How do I get this bottle in the listings as a medicine? Should I contact digger odell or is there another person I should get a hold of to get this bottle listed??? Anyone with any opinions on this one? Jason

capsoda

Reaction score
First get all the facts you can and compile them to show proof it is the same guy and he made and marketed a med in that perticular bottle and then you would want to contact as many authors as you can.

Maybe Matt Knapp {GuntherHess} can give you some more pointers. He put out a good price guide on meds.

swizzle

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I just sent guntherhess a PM. Hopefully he can help me get the ball rolling. Jason

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday