books

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bubbas dad

Reaction score
i'm not sure where to post this so i will try here. can anyone suggest a few good books on embossed and acl soda bottles from about 1900- 1980's and where to get them?i am mainly interested in looking up history on company and scarcity. price guides are nice but not my main concern. the few i found that were listed as being at amazon were out of print.
thanks, john

whiskeyman

Reaction score
JOHN..
I recommend Collecting Applied Color Label Soda Bottles 3rd Edition
It's jointly published by Rick Sweeney & the PSBCA ,and 1/2 of the book is devoted to soda & Company history. Other half is a pictorial price/rarity guide.
Not sure of the price, but you can contact Kathy Hopson for a copy at www.thesodafizz.com....Tell her I sent you...if you dare....HA!
Kathy also publishes a very informative Bi-Monthly newsletter... The Soda Fizz subscriptions are $20 a year.

Not long ago a collector published a book on embossed soda bottles from the 20's to the 40's (?)....It was titled Deco Soda Bottles or something like that...I been trying to locate the info on it, but haven't run across it yet. Will keep looking unless someone else posts the book info first.

Cecil Munsey published 2 great books back in the late 60's and early 70's...One is The Illustrated Guide to Collecting Bottles , and the other is The Illustrated Guide to the Collectibles of Coca-Cola Both are loaded with history & other info, but probably out of print.I see them occasionally at bottle shows or listed in bottle magazine ads. You may want to check Ebay too.

flasherr

Reaction score
http://psbca.thesodafizz.com/

I have bought the book and it was hard for me to spend the money on the book. $45 is a lot for a book but it is worth it once I got it. The prices to me are very informative because they are actual selling prices broke down in to several year they were sold. Wish it had more sodas in it but was very glad to get it. It is worth the money for the book. im not sure about the other books because i haven't seen them

Deco Soda Bottles - A Guide to Collecting Those Fancy Embossed Soda Bottles of the 1920's and 30's by Brian Wade. Published in 2003, this 103 page book provides an alphabetical listing with descriptions of over 400 of the best and most frequently found deco-era specialty soda bottles, with over 250 bottles photographed. Includes price estimates, a brief history of the evolution of these soda bottles and a bibliography. This is the only volume devoted solely to these fascinating soda bottles. Can be purchased on eBay, or directly from the author for $21.95 (price includes shipping in USA). Brian Wade, 39 East 16 Street, Huntington Station, New York 11746. Email: brian.wade@att.net

Brian

Lj24087.jpg

Attachments

• Lj24087.jpg
    Lj24087.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 78

bubbas dad

Reaction score
whiskeyman
i was wondering if you might be able to help me. on 8 may i sent a ck to the psbca ordering their book. as of yet i have not heard anything back . i tried to send them an email but it would not go through. in you post it sounded like you may know someone there. i was wondering if they are still operating.
thanks, john

flasherr

Reaction score
My book took longer than i thought it would to get here also. Has your check been cashed? They may print as they need books instead of having large numbers on hand
Brian

whiskeyman

Reaction score
JOHN...I got a newsletter from the PSBCA for March-April, so I imagine they are still functioning. Send an inquiry to Kathy@thesodafizz.com...
She should be able to update you on the whereabouts of your book.

oh, give her a little time to reply as she is also the Editor for the FOHBC magazine... Bottles & Extras and may be busy...

whiskeyman

Reaction score
JOHN...yer welcome.
They probably allow at least 2 weeks for checks to clear and then send it Media Mail...Could be part of the reason...

bubbas dad

Reaction score
as far as i know the check hasn't been processed. i want to find out if they have any record of it. if they don't i can try again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.